NBA Literal Jersey Series

mattr1198

Hey all!

Decided to do a fun jersey series during this NBA offseason. These fun alternate jerseys I will be making will all reflect the team name and team name only, as you will see, quite literally.

I will be moving down in order of division in each conference and in order of city name in each division. I will kick this series off with these three teams:

Boston Celtics: The same look as the Celtics' mascot

78GMa8M.gif

Brooklyn Nets: Quite literally the weaving of a basketball net.

ZgAHCEG.gif

New York Knicks: Since many of you may not know what a Knick is, its short for Knickerbocker, which is an older term for a New Yorker. Thus, the retro vest and tie top and brown pants.

OdQSwHv.gif

More will be coming soon if y'all like this series idea!

Template credit to therealpepman

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following the previous three are the last two in the Atlantic Division:

Philadelphia 76ers: Since a 76er is not a literal thing/person, I used a colonial 18th century suit design, similar to that on the dribbling Ben Franklin logo.a3sYLtY.gif

Toronto Raptors: Self-explanatory

mkMxlzT.gif

CC and comments are welcome!

Next Up: Central Division

NYC x STL

Decided to finish up today (with work during the week eating up more time) with two more unique ones from the Central Division:

Chicago Bulls: Red bull fur texturing, but featuring the wordmarks, logos, and numbering as "branded on". I also added an optional/extension headband, where the headband literally has bull horns on it, adding more to the gimmick.

mQZLFYc.gif

Cleveland Cavaliers: A yellow cavalier uniform with a holster for a sword (down the side of one pant leg)

w1RXzly.gif

The rest of the Central soon to come...

NYC x STL

I’m interested to see how you’re going to tackle the Thunder, Mavericks, and the Lakers abstract concepts. Bonus points if you can portray thunder without lightning. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Those Bulls set are great.

One suggestion is to do a circle with the lines to the numbers to make it look more like a proper brand like the Wranglers of the defunct WLAF.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Added is the rest of the Central Division:

Detroit Pistons: A literal Piston, because a car isn't literal enough...

cXTO2tI.gif

Indiana Pacers: Instead of going with a pace car, I went with the checkered flag design since a Pacer isn't a literal thing.

JfdcSmc.gif

Milwaukee Bucks: Deer fur. Unlike the Bulls, antlers are a bit too large to fit on a headband unfortunately... :(

Okp8HTA.gif

Added Bonus: A freebie from the Southwest Division, since I accidentally made it out of order...

Orlando Magic: Who doesn't love a good magician (featuring a fun jacket design and cape)!

JxGd7sy.gif

NYC x STL

When I first opened this up on my browser I saw only the top half of the Pistons and thought "that's pretty neat". And then I scrolled down to see the circle on the shorts and about spit my pop on my screen. Fantastic. This whole series has been fantastic.

XcryMwi.png

Archived