HJC just finished their Pairs Comp, And I teamed up with fellow designer Burkus Circus for an idea for a 2019 Centennial Classic doubleheader. The main idea is that the NHL is helping the Packers celebrate their centennial season by playing two outdoor games at Lambeau Field. First, a College matchup between the Golden Gophers and Badgers, then an NHL showdown between the Blackhawks and Wild. I designed the Event Logo, Ice Surface, and Slideshow, while Burkus Circus designed the jerseys and title page.

Disclaimer: I have received full permission from Burkus Circus to display our work here.

3xMmOJq.png

Pi2CX3c.png

0QI1Fx6.png

VGeNeW6.png

meM6zAx.png

Thanks for watching!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to 2019 NHL Centennial Classic Concept

Besides the colour bleeding on the title, the only weak point is the logo. I’d use the font from the actual Centennial Classic, and straighten the text. Other than that, the simple parts are a little too simple, and I’d get rid of the logos on the flags.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

The jerseys are great, especially Chicago, which is saying something because they’ve been in so many outdoor games at this point that it’s hard to do something unique for them, which you’ve done well.

Whoever designed the logo just needs more practice. The elements are all there.  The execution is not.  I would take a look at all the Winter Classic logos through the years and pay attention to how the elements in those logos are outlined and/or highlighted.  Even outlining your stadium in white would have helped make it stand out better on that black background.

4 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Besides the colour bleeding on the title, the only weak point is the logo. I’d use the font from the actual Centennial Classic, and straighten the text. Other than that, the simple parts are a little too simple, and I’d get rid of the logos on the flags.

42 minutes ago, appleclock said:

The jerseys are great, especially Chicago, which is saying something because they’ve been in so many outdoor games at this point that it’s hard to do something unique for them, which you’ve done well.

Whoever designed the logo just needs more practice. The elements are all there.  The execution is not.  I would take a look at all the Winter Classic logos through the years and pay attention to how the elements in those logos are outlined and/or highlighted.  Even outlining your stadium in white would have helped make it stand out better on that black background.

Thanks for the C&C, I'll admit logos are not my strong point, so I appreciate the feedback. I was kind of rushed, so I didn't really have time to add all the shading that I wanted to. Next time I try making a logo, I'll take these into consideration.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Archived