HOF-caliber players whose "right" uniforms are awful

MCM0313

A companion series to "Players in the 'wrong' uniforms" and "Players on the right team but wrong uniform"...this is about players who spent most of their careers in crappy unis. Obviously the poster boy here is Tom Brady. But there are others.

There must be others.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lbj273 said:

These jerseys are awesome and don't belong in this thread imo.

I also don't see them as Stockton and Malone's "right" uniforms - I think that title would belong to the previous set. That point is probably debatable though.

7 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I also don't see them as Stockton and Malone's "right" uniforms - I think that title would belong to the previous set. That point is probably debatable though.

Very debatable. 

The problem with Stockton and Malone is the note logo is more identifiable with the duo, but they had more success in the mountain logo. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

maxresdefault.jpg

225274_10.jpg

bill-walton.jpg

I wondered how soon Iverson would be posted in this thread. I don't think those unis would be so bad for a team with less tradition than Philly though. Like, that style could add some character to the Raptors' current look. Mutombo's look isn't awful, just not great. Too many dark colors. The Blazers look bad in the Walton photo, but also uniquely Blazers.

25 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I wondered how soon Iverson would be posted in this thread. I don't think those unis would be so bad for a team with less tradition than Philly though.

I think they also would have worked if the connection between red, white, blue and 1776 wasn't there since coincidentally (or intentionally) the Iverson era jerseys use colors that are very similar to the actual Liberty Bell (with the addition of BFBS of course)

YVRMUBj.png

Archived