International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jmoe12 said:

PSG  Atleti blew a 2-0 lead

I’ve never really been a fan of Ronaldo, but I’m less of a fan of Real Madrid’s, so if his success leads to their embarrassment then I’m all for it. Forza Juve!

In all seriousness though, what a big game player. I may not particularly like him, but holy cow what a player. We’ll never see anyone like him (or Messi) come through in a long time. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I’ve never really been a fan of Ronaldo, but I’m less of a fan of Real Madrid’s, so if his success leads to their embarrassment then I’m all for it. Forza Juve!

In all seriousness though, what a big game player. I may not particularly like him, but holy cow what a player. We’ll never see anyone like him (or Messi) come through in a long time. 

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the guy. Hated Real Madrid and then him by extension but watching him in the UCL showed what a truly special player he is. I know it's been said a million times, but I wish we could all just stop comparing him to Messi and enjoy them both while we can.

Also, did Schalke forget there was a game today?

54 minutes ago, jmoe12 said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the guy. Hated Real Madrid and then him by extension but watching him in the UCL showed what a truly special player he is. I know it's been said a million times, but I wish we could all just stop comparing him to Messi and enjoy them both while we can.

Also, did Schalke forget there was a game today?

Schalke seem to have generally forgot there was a season, outside of their UCL run up to this point.

It’s one of the things I really appreciate in the Bundesliga — every year, one of the big clubs is inexplicably in the relegation scrap.

6fQjS3M.png

Today, FIFA announced that they will hold a 24-team Club World Cup starting in 2021 to replace the Confederations Cup.

The new competition is expected to include eight teams from Europe.

It will run every four years and take place from June to July in the slot currently used for the World Cup warm-up event, the Confederations Cup.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino said he was "extremely happy" after the Fifa Council backed his plan on Friday.

As well as eight European clubs, the new tournament would see six teams from South America, three each from Africa, Asia and North and Central America and one from Oceania.

Highlighted because the European Clubs Association immediately said that their clubs would not participate.

A spokesman for the ECA told Reuters: “ECA clubs will not participate in 2021 Club World Cup and will assess participation in editions of the competition post-2024.”

I will assume the difference is money, as usual, and they are wanting to get a greater slice of the cut. 

• 1 month later...

To clarify, I am unable to watch the Ajax/Juventus game today unless I have the Bleacher Report app, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_Now said:

Not a unique opinion, but that's incredibly stupid.

That's why I hated Fox Sports losing Champions League. With FS1 and FS2 you could spread games out and have both games available during knockout rounds. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

To clarify, I am unable to watch the Ajax/Juventus game today unless I have the Bleacher Report app, right?

40 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Correct

Not true.  The game was on Galavision as well, so it on most cable systems.

Tomorrow's games will be on Galavision (Liverpool/Porto) and OTA UniMas (City/Spurs). 

Ajax are an actual treat to watch. The scary thing is they could’ve easily won by 3 or 4 today if they were more clinical in front of goal. Really hope they go on and win the damn thing. 

Also, VAR has really helped. They got the pen call right in the ManU game and all the goals in the Ajax game got reviewed. Even though they didn’t overturn the goals it’s nice to see officials actually being able to review decisions and being able to make the correct call. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Not true.  The game was on Galavision as well, so it on most cable systems.

Tomorrow's games will be on Galavision (Liverpool/Porto) and OTA UniMas (City/Spurs). 

I'd still be stuck because we don't have Galavision. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Decent match, that.

Best one this season. 

Also, either Tottenham or Ajax will be in this year’s champions league final. Let that sink in. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

27 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Best one this season. 

Also, either Tottenham or Ajax will be in this year’s champions league final. Let that sink in. 

If Tottenham wins Champions League but finishes behind Arsenal is it still St. Totteringhams Day?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ajax were set to play De Graafschap on Sunday, 28 April, then travel to Spurs for the first leg on Tuesday, 30 April.

The Dutch FA, the KNVB, said the decision to cancel top-flight fixtures was taken to give Ajax "at least two full days of rest between games".

All games have been canceled to avoid Ajax and De Graafschap playing at the end of the season once other games have taken place, potentially compromising the competition.

The KNVB said the change was needed because Ajax were in the Champions League semi-finals, the Dutch Cup final and challenging for the Eredivisie title - but stressed it was about player welfare and not a decision designed to give the team an advantage over the Premier League side.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47987277?fbclid=IwAR2GcpnJbNRu5FenLYvrlnnX3sG3vapsBDlcVA1PHIZ2hpHtuOVOvbVJvXc

Archived