International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

And Manchester United has decided 6th place is a good place to be this year.

They must be content with competing in the Europa League next year...

8 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

They must be content with competing in the Europa League next year...

Pretty much my point. This was a must win game and they squandered it. They won't lose 4-0 to City but it won't be pretty either. Playing Chelsea and Spurs means there's 6 points they can claim but I don't see them catching either Chelsea or Arsenal at this point unless they both ditch the league to win Europa League and the Champions League berth. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Liverpool might finish second with 97 points. Gee whiz, if we do, I’ll be pissed so much at City and yet have a ridiculous amount for Pep and that squad. What a team they are. 

Those fans though? No matter what your opinion is if Liverpool fans, and some of those stereotypes are well-founded, at least we can be bothered to show up for games during a title run-in. 

spacer.png

Tomorrow will be the first time in my life that I will actively root for Manchester United. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Tomorrow will be the first time in my life that I will actively root for Manchester United. 

Could we maybe settle on a draw?

29 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

That must be an awful feeling

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

Gladly. 

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

That must be an awful feeling

It absolutely is. I think I’ll need an extra shower on Wednesday. 

spacer.png

I don’t feel great about pulling for City either. 

Also why was Salah left off the PFA Player of the Year shortlist for Bernardo Silva? He’s got the same goals and assists tally as Agüero. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

20 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

I don’t feel great about pulling for City either. 

Also why was Salah left off the PFA Player of the Year shortlist for Bernardo Silva? He’s got the same goals and assists tally as Agüero. 

Forward vs midfielder. And he's below where he was last year, not like that kind of year is sustainable after injury.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/23/2019 at 10:09 AM, officeglenn said:

This post, of course, was based on the assumption that Arsenal would not absolutely poop the bed at Wolves. I guess we all know what happens when you assume. 😖🤬

9 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

This post, of course, was based on the assumption that Arsenal would not absolutely poop the bed at Wolves. I guess we all know what happens when you assume. 😖🤬

Nobody wants to be in the top four it seems. 

5 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Nobody wants to be in the top four it seems. 

If United had played this well on Sunday they'd be in 5th with a chance to jump Chelsea on Sunday. Now I think they'll finish 5th, only if they beat Chelsea. Kompany was lucky not to get a straight red for pulling down Rashford, because the refs were too busy watching the ball instead of players on the field. Regardless, United had to finish their chances and failed to do so. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Manchester United draw 1-1 to Huddersfield and are out of Champions League for next year. Chelsea win 3-0 and takes over 3rd. United had losses to teams they should dominate and earned Europa League next year. I'll be happy to see the backside of Alexi Sanchez who was rolled out today as a chance to get someone to trade for him. Martial and Lukaku are probably out too. This squad needs a lot of work and investment. Not having Champions League will impact some players that would've come in too so this squad will be lucky to finish 3rd next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/1/2019 at 4:38 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Liverpool making a strong case for Europe’s unluckiest team. 

Divock Origi disagrees with you. 😜

Archived