TrueYankee26

International Football 2018-2019

First Bale, now this. Good God. 

So it will be Liverpool who will be the 1st team in Premier League history to not be crowned champions with 90 or more points.

Liverpool could have the third best season in premier league history and finish trophyless. Unreal. 

Keep in mind city have been doing this with arguably their best player having been injured for the majority of the season. 

Rival fans love to call LFC fans “stuck in the past,” but when reciting their reasons why they don’t want us to win anything, a decent amount of those reasons have to do with Liverpool’s past success (not calling anyone out here, just saying in general this is the lay of the land that I’m getting). 

If you look at Liverpool post-2006, they make a strong case for England’s unluckiest team. Consider:

-1 trophy (League Cup)

-08/09 bottle job

-The Slip

-possibly 97 points with no title

-2007 UCL runners up

-2018 UCL runners up thanks to two Karius errors and the goal of the season

-2015 UEL runners up

-and more that I’m sure I’m missing, only started following soccer in 2014

It just doesn’t stop. But sincere congrats to Man City - my god what a team. Even if their fans can’t be bothered to show up. 

I'm so unbelievably unhappy that I can't watch Liverpool and Barcelona right now. Holy hell!

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

LIVERPOOL ARE GOING TO THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL! And here's the goal that hilariously made it happen.

https://streamja.com/bbOB

Barcelona was so poor. It's like they refused to learn from last year's Roma debacle. And rule number one of corner kicks is find your man and stick to him. It seems tge Spanish top half have been so overconfident this year and both looked incredibly broken in their second leg eliminations.

3 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

spacer.png

If Spurs wins tomorrow that final in Madrid will be absolutely mental.

About the only time in my life I will ever root for Liverpool is when they're either playing Juventus or playing Barcelona.

Thanks for not letting me down. That was beautiful. 

On 5/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, DScruggy729 said:

Divock Origi disagrees with you. 😜

He did so.

Liverpool overturning a 3-0 first-leg deficit on the shoulders of Origi, Shaqiri and Wijnaldum is awesome.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Barcelona was so poor. It's like they refused to learn from last year's Roma debacle. And rule number one of corner kicks is find your man and stick to him. It seems tge Spanish top half have been so overconfident this year and both looked incredibly broken in their second leg eliminations.

I'll have to take your word for it since I couldn't actually watch it, but that fourth goal seems like it really tells the story.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Spurs wins tomorrow that final in Madrid will be absolutely mental.

Oh god please no. Ajax would be a dream to win the UCL. 

While Liverpool might be unlucky, they’re my team’s biggest rival so let’s hope Klopp can keep up his fantastic form in cup finals. 

THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE. 

I cannot believe it. What. Not even a Spurs fan but that was astonishing.