International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY GOODNESS. What a season. What a Champions League. 

*slowly realizes Tottenham might actually win a trophy and could do it at Liverpool’s expense*

spacer.png

Champions League Final Odds (Courtesy: The Action Network)

To Win (90 minutes + extra time + shootout)
Liverpool -200
Tottenham +170

Three-Way Moneyline (90 minutes)
Liverpool -110
Tottenham +285
Draw +240

Goal Line (90 minutes)
Liverpool -0.5 (-110)
Tottenham +0.5 (-107)

Over/Under (90 minutes)
Over 2.5 (-116)
Under 2.5 (+100)

Man this is disappointing... entertaining sure, but man I was deep on the Ajax bandwagon. 

Valverde has to be out at Barca right? If poch gets offered there’s no way he turns that down. Spurs are out of cash and poch seems to be squeezing every last drop out of the current side. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

8 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Man this is disappointing... entertaining sure, but man I was deep on the Ajax bandwagon. 

Valverde has to be out at Barca right? If poch gets offered there’s no way he turns that down. Spurs are out of cash and poch seems to be squeezing every last drop out of the current side. 

They are far from being "out of cash". They just didn't spend going into the new stadium.  Making the Champions League Final is an additional 73 million euros if they win or 69 million if they lose.  That does not include a larger share money from the TV pool or the UEFA wh coefficient ranking which has a pot of nearly 600 million euros to distribute.

I wonder if PSV's odds of winning the Eredivisie went up in the immediate aftermath of that game today. Ajax and PSV are tied on points (Ajax leading in goal difference by a healthy margin) with two games to play - this weekend and then midweek next week - and that's going to be some kind of tough pill for Ajax to swallow and get over. Their final game is against a 16th place team, but the next game - home to Utrecht - is in 5th on the table. For their part, PSV's schedule is more difficult; away to 4th place AZ Alkmaar and home to 6th place Heracles.

I dunno, it favors Ajax on paper but I repeat that the mental hurdle to get over this quickly will be something else. That was a brutal way for a magical Champions League run to end, with the added knowledge that nobody knows when Ajax might get back to that stage again. The run itself was no fluke - they were legitimately better than Real Madrid and Juventus - but with De Jong and De Ligt on the way out, among others perhaps, that's going to be tough to replace (though it would be nice if De Ligt was back next year because, odds are, he's going to sign with Barcelona, and he wouldn't be a first-choice center back next season; maybe in the future but not next season).

spacer.png

Thankfully Arsenal didn't bottle it today in the Europa League semis -- 4-2 win (7-3 agg). *whew* Currently waiting to see who prevails between Chelsea and Eintracht Frankfurt in the other semi.

48 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Both the Champions League and Europa League will have all-English finals. Incredible.

And without the team that's about to be England's champion! And without the other Manchester team too! What a season. Someone else can untangle the Brexit metaphors therein.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 hours ago, Digby said:

And without the team that's about to be England's champion! And without the other Manchester team too! What a season. Someone else can untangle the Brexit metaphors therein.

I’m still reeling from the Spurs v Ajax semifinal. Most dramatic match I’ve ever seen. 

spacer.png

The internet was no help to me on this, so here I turn. 

I know a minimal amount about soccer and I got really curious about the 2-leg system. I understand that if they teams split they go off aggregate scores, but what happens if both games go down as scoreless draws? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

The internet was no help to me on this, so here I turn. 

I know a minimal amount about soccer and I got really curious about the 2-leg system. I understand that if they teams split they go off aggregate scores, but what happens if both games go down as scoreless draws? 

If the aggregate scores are tied at the end of two legs, then the team with more away goals wins. If they have the same number if away goals (zero each, in your scenario), then they play extra time (two 15-minute periods), then it goes to a penalty shootout if it’s still tied after that.

15 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

If the aggregate scores are tied at the end of two legs, then the team with more away goals wins. If they have the same number if away goals (zero each, in your scenario), then they play extra time (two 15-minute periods), then it goes to a penalty shootout if it’s still tied after that.

ah thank you 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived