International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MrFreckles said:

City wins the league on 98 points and Liverpool barely loses at 97. That's crazy! What a season. 

Now if my team wouldn't crap their pants for 2 months in the middle of the season, that'd be great. 

At least yours didn't get beat by the worst team in the league. Is this the first time the champion has been crowned on the road for a while? It's weird that City's PA announcer is announcing now, but would you really want Brighton's guy doing it?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

The internet was no help to me on this, so here I turn. 

I know a minimal amount about soccer and I got really curious about the 2-leg system. I understand that if they teams split they go off aggregate scores, but what happens if both games go down as scoreless draws? 

In the EPL playoffs, away goals don't count double like they do in most competitions. I didn't know that until yesterday. I actually like that for league playoffs when there's no other competition in between games. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Wow. What a season. Congrats to Man City on one of the best PL campaigns ever, fully deserved. Pep is a magician. 

As for us Reds, lots of disappointment, yes, the run of draws in January really damaged us. But a fantastic season nonetheless, much to be grateful for. Onto Madrid. 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

At least yours didn't get beat by the worst team in the league. Is this the first time the champion has been crowned on the road for a while? It's weird that City's PA announcer is announcing now, but would you really want Brighton's guy doing it?

We lost plenty, some we should and shouldn't have. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Wow. What a season. Congrats to Man City on one of the best PL campaigns ever, fully deserved. Pep is a magician. 

As for us Reds, lots of disappointment, yes, the run of draws in January really damaged us. But a fantastic season nonetheless, much to be grateful for. Onto Madrid. 

You guys played well all season and would've won it any other year. Well done. 

I'd say best of luck in the CL Final buuuuuuuuuuuuuut no. :P 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

Pep Guardiola is arguably the greatest football manager ever at this point 

Until Man City lift the UCL Trophy with Pep in charge then i would agree with you. Until then...nope.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

With the season over, it's time to talk about who's moving up and moving down

Premier League:

Moving Up: Norwich City, Sheffield United, Playoff Winner (The Final Slot is decided in a playoff - The final is set for next weekend between Aston Villa and Derby County)

Moving Down: Cardiff City, Fulham and Huddersfield Town

EFL Championship

Moving In: Cardiff City, Fulham, Huddersfield Town, Luton Town, Barnsley, Playoff Winner (The Final Slot is decided in a playoff - The final is set for next weekend between Charlton Athletic and Sunderland)

Moving Out: Norwich City, Sheffield United, Playoff Winner, Rotherham United, Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town

EFL League One

Moving In: Lincoln City, Bury, Milton Keynes Dons, Tranmere Rovers, Rotherham United, Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town

Moving Out: Luton Town, Barnsley, Playoff Winner, Plymouth Argyle, Walsall, S:censored:hrope United, Bradford City

EFL League Two

Moving In: Leyton Orient, Salford City, Plymouth Argyle, Walsall, S:censored:hrope United, Bradford City

Moving Out: Lincoln City, Bury, Milton Keynes Dons, Tranmere Rovers, Notts County, Yeovil Town

11 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

EFL League One

Moving In: Lincoln City, Bury, Milton Keynes Dons, Playoff Winner (Once again, the final slot in decided in a playoff - the four teams involved are Mansfield Town, Forest Green Rovers, Tranmere Rovers and Newport County), Rotherham United, Bolton Wanderers, Ipswich Town

Moving Out: Luton Town, Barnsley, Playoff Winner, Plymouth Argyle, Walsall, S:censored:hrope United, Bradford City

EFL League Two

Moving In: Leyton Orient, Salford City, Plymouth Argyle, Walsall, S:censored:hrope United, Bradford City

Moving Out: Lincoln City, Bury, Milton Keynes Dons, Playoff Winner, Notts County, Yeovil Town

1-If Bolton can't figure out their finances don't be surprised if they get dropped to League Two. I don't think it'll happen since they'll be forced to restructure for relegation but I hope they get themselves fixed.

2- Salford City has earned four promotions in five years and are the first team to move from the National League to League Two at the first attempt. They do have that Class of 92 money, Leyton Orient was crying foul about that during the season, but they weren't even the wealthiest team in that league. 

*- I'm also mildly amused that Scu(nt)horpe United still gets pinged as cursing. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

I guess that ONE defeat by Liverpool ended up being the difference.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46690612

The title race was decided by 1.12 cm. Incredible. 

This is might be the best PL season ever - definitely the best since I became a fan (Feb 2014). Although there was no silverware at the end, and you can make fun of us for that all you want, it was a truly brilliant season that saw the time and effort Klopp put into rebuilding not just this squad, but the entire club be rewarded. Liverpool are now firmly entrenched as one of Europe’s elite again, and they could be here for a while - James Milner is the only regular contributor to the squad on the wrong side of 30. Salah, Mané, Firmino, Van Dijk, and Alisson are all 26 or 27. 

I also loved the crowd’s reaction during the game. The disappointment was certainly palpable, but at the end, chanting “Liverpool we love you” and “we shall not be moved” sent the right message. We’re here to stay, and we aren’t gonna give up. 

Also, the rivalry between City and Liverpool just grew exponentially. We aren’t going to forget this season anytime soon, just as I’m sure City won’t forget about that UCL humiliation last year anytime soon. Some tasty matchups to look forward to in the future. 

On to Madrid. 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, lordsketor said:

Until Man City lift the UCL Trophy with Pep in charge then i would agree with you. Until then...nope.

Totally agree here... Pep needs another UCL to be in contention for GOAT status. I’m not going to say he’s been bad in the Champions League... it’s a hard competition to win that often times comes down to more luck than skill. But Guardiola has had a lot of great teams and he’s only been able to do it when he had the GOAT playing for him. One without Messi at the helm would secure his legacy. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

18 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Hertha-Union games should be interesting if Eisern Union makes it to the top flight. When was the last time there was a capital derby in Bundesliga?

Actually never happened. The last time two Berlin clubs played against each other in the Bundesliga was in 1977, Hertha BSC against TeBe Berlin, who are a fifth tier club right now. But Bonn was the West German capital back then and Bonn never had a team in the Bundesliga.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

12 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Actually never happened. The last time two Berlin clubs played against each other in the Bundesliga was in 1977, Hertha BSC against TeBe Berlin, who are a fifth tier club right now. But Bonn was the West German capital back then and Bonn never had a team in the Bundesliga.

Puts into perspective how much the Cold War ravaged Eastern Germany fußball for generations.

Archived