International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48431483

Players in the top two Spanish leagues have been arrested for match fixing. No names posted yet. 

"La Liga reported on May 29, 2018, the game between SD Huesca and Gimnastic Tarragona for a suspected sport corruption crime....This police operation highlights the systems of protecting integrity that La Liga put in place five seasons ago, to protect all football competitions in Spain from being stained, to be effective in detecting and reporting games that have allegedly been manipulated.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, officeglenn said:

Aston Villa are back in the Premier League! They beat Derby County 2-1 today at Wembley to secure their promotion alongside Norwich City and Sheffield United.

Im still new to European football but Villa seems one of the teams that belongs in the Premier League. Glad they’re back in it. 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, MrFreckles said:

Im still new to European football but Villa seems one of the teams that belongs in the Premier League. Glad they’re back in it. 

They may now, but when they went down they had an owner that was trying to sell the team and a few players that weren't right for the club. Stuttgart and Hamburg are in similar positions now in Germany. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not disappointed to see Aston Villa back, but Leeds had been the club I was hoping for the most. Haven't played in the PL since 2003-'04, long before I started watching this sport, so I've only seen them in the odd FA Cup game here or there but never in the top flight. Bielsa with Premier League media would've also been a hoot; dude with no filter and an iffy grasp of English makes for a recipe that can produce some juicy stuff.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Not disappointed to see Aston Villa back, but Leeds had been the club I was hoping for the most. Haven't played in the PL since 2003-'04, long before I started watching this sport, so I've only seen them in the odd FA Cup game here or there but never in the top flight. Bielsa with Premier League media would've also been a hoot; dude with no filter and an iffy grasp of English makes for a recipe that can produce some juicy stuff.

I was personally hoping for Leeds, Villa and Norwich. Haven’t watched enough to know if Sheffield U is any good. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

And restoring an old Northwest rivalry between Leeds, Manchester United and and Liverpool could be fun as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Even in a competition that specifically excludes American teams from competing, you still can’t outrun a Boston Championship!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

8 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Dullest... Final... Ever... 

100% agreed. Terrible final for a neutral. But to me that speaks volumes about how far Liverpool have come. Liverpool no longer have to thrive on high scoring chaos and “heavy metal football.” Liverpool played some of the PL’s best football in 16/17 and finished fourth. The fact that they can grind a boring, 2-0 game out speaks volumes to their defensive improvements, as well as how immense the signings of Van Dijk and Alisson were. 

spacer.png

Big props to Tottenham and Mauricio Pochettino. A brilliant club and a brilliant manager that absolutely deserve a trophy. Would’ve rooted for you lot 100% if it wasn’t us that you were playing. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lafarge said:

Even in a competition that specifically excludes American teams from competing, you still can’t outrun a Boston Championship!

I'm generally ambivalent towards Premier League sides, but Liverpool is the one I dislike the most and that very specifically is why. Not the fault of Liverpool itself, its fans, or its city, but I never claimed to be rational and I don't have to be. Their associations with Boston, the fact that Anfield plays the same song after wins that Fenway and the Garden do, and such is enough for me.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm generally ambivalent towards Premier League sides, but Liverpool is the one I dislike the most and that very specifically is why. Not the fault of Liverpool itself, its fans, or its city, but I never claimed to be rational and I don't have to be. Their associations with Boston, the fact that Anfield plays the same song after wins that Fenway and the Garden do, and such is enough for me.

Fenway and the Garden plays YNWA after wins? Never knew that. 

spacer.png

Archived