International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Didn't even know they were playing a 3rd place game. ESPN is ticking me off with placing these games on the streaming network. 

I watched it on terrestrial Telemundo.

They streamed it to get an additions $4.99. It was never to be on cable/satellite. 

Still baffled about a guy born in 1987 in Chile and he is named Gary.  Thought we were finished making Garys

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three minutes seemed brief.

Congrats Mexico. A good effort from the USMNT, which clearly needs more time together.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mexico wears all black and the US wears their all red kit. Ugliest final of the day after two exceptionally classy matchups.

USA should’ve worn white if one USA team already won in white that day. That’s how I knew they’d lose!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Three minutes seemed brief.

Congrats Mexico. A good effort from the USMNT, which clearly needs more time together.

It was a deserved result. However, I’m impressed with the chances that the US put together. But you need to put those away in a final. A good foundation that should get better with battle tests (and ideally better coaching from Berhalter because those subs were WTF).

pretty impressed with Steffen’s work, also.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mexico wears all black and the US wears their all red kit. Ugliest final of the day after two exceptionally classy matchups.

I'm not sure why the Mexicans were wearing black, but white kits as the primary kit choice, in almost every situation, are exceedingly bland and boring and so I don't mind that the U.S. wore red instead. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-tot/tottenham-announce-eight-year-shirt-deal-with-aia-idUKKCN1UK1RZ

LONDON (Reuters) - Champions League runners-up Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a new shirt sponsorship deal with AIA Group Limited to the end of the 2026-27 season, the Premier League club announced on Thursday.

The life insurance company has been Spurs’ shirt sponsors since 2013 and British media reported the new deal is worth 320 million pounds ($399.90 million) across eight years.

That sum matches the reported 40 million pounds a year deal London rivals Chelsea signed with Yokohama tyres in 2015.

• 2 months later...

I still think the real problems that need to be fixed revolve around youth player discovery and development, which is going to require large change that'll take a generation or two to reap the rewards.  I also don't think that the next coach is going to be any more poised to be successful than Berhalter, who never really had a chance.

All of that said, it's time for a change.  Again.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

19 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Well I'm done with the Gregg Berhalter experience.

Same.

Kinda done with the whole federation, to be honest. We took "a year" to just hire the COO's brother, who has shown to be woefully unfit to be the National Team's Manager. Unless if something drastically changes between now and the beginning of WC Qualifying next September, the US is in real danger of failing to qualify again. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50082517

Leicester vs Liverpool has had the time changed fort heir Boxing Day match so that it can get max views on Amazon. 

"The change is part of Amazon's plans to broadcast fixtures for the first time, with the American media company showing all 10 games on 26 and 27 December."

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Same.

Kinda done with the whole federation, to be honest. We took "a year" to just hire the COO's brother, who has shown to be woefully unfit to be the National Team's Manager. Unless if something drastically changes between now and the beginning of WC Qualifying next September, the US is in real danger of failing to qualify again. 

It's gross, right? I guess you can say youve made it when your domestic soccer federation is as corrupt and nepotistic as FIFA, but no one paying to see the games wants this.

I remember how exciting 2014 was and how it felt like better days for the USMNT were just around the corner. Well... Maybe in 2026? At least we're guaranteed to be in that World Cup.

And really, all things considered, missing the Qatar Misery Cup wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Yes, a shame to waste the prime of Sargent and Pulisic and Morris and Weah, but otherwise, we could take a pass and be okay with it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

https://www.apnews.com/68b881aa8ae54fa5bb716cc5d786b87f

Undeterred by the resistance it faced last season, the Spanish soccer league is trying again to take a regular season game to the United States.

The Spanish soccer federation has been asked to allow Villarreal’s home game against Atletico Madrid on Dec. 6 to be moved to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.

The renewed push has been launched despite the league gaining no indication that the federation would reverse its opposition which forced the abandonment of plans to take the Barcelona-Girona game to Miami in January.

Approval is needed from the domestic federation, which controls regulations and fixtures throughout Spanish soccer, including the top-tier competition known as La Liga.

The U.S. Soccer Federation would also have to sanction the game being played on its territory but it had not received a formal request ahead of Thursday’s public announcement from La Liga. The Spanish game is slated for almost a month after the Major League Soccer season has ended.

The league said it had consulted more widely than last season when the Spanish players’ union joined the federation in protesting the plans because their views had not been sought.

Archived