International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

As a Tottenham supporter, very pleased with the Sonny news. 

As a Tottenham supporter, very disappointed with the defense against Watford. 

As a Premier League follower, pumped to see someone attempting to repeat Leicester's accomplishments. Its still REALLY early, but I wouldn't even be mad if Watford could make this last the season. A win against Spurs is a big confidence booster for them. Very curious how they'll fair against the rest of the top 6.

Edit- First post ?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ThirdLung said:

As a Tottenham supporter, very pleased with the Sonny news. 

As a Tottenham supporter, very disappointed with the defense against Watford. 

As a Premier League follower, pumped to see someone attempting to repeat Leicester's accomplishments. Its still REALLY early, but I wouldn't even be mad if Watford could make this last the season. A win against Spurs is a big confidence booster for them. Very curious how they'll fair against the rest of the top 6.

Edit- First post ?

Welcome to the board!

Roberto Pereyera has been a monster so far this season. I doubt he keeps it up over an entire campaign but I wouldn't mind being wrong.

I tipped Watford for relegation after they sold Richarlison, but then again I thought Burnley were going down last season, so maybe I'm sort of on to something? Time will tell. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Over the summer I started a FIFA 17 career mode with Watford... I made a couple signings, but I always figured they had some potential with Pereyra, Doucoure, Kabasele, and decent attacking fullbacks. So after winning back-to-back titles with Watford + Welbeck and beating Real 6-0 in the CL Final... I’m really curious to see what they can accomplish in the real league XD

but yeah, I honestly didn’t expect this out of them. In about 10 years of following the Prem, I think this is the most exciting season thus far. (IMO)

• 2 weeks later...

Dagenham & Redbridge FC, a professional soccer club that competes in England's fifth-tier National League, has had the majority of its ownership shares purchased by an American consortium.

The leadership of said entity - Victoria Road Football Club, LLC - is comprised of Peter B. Freund, Craig Unger, and Tim Howard. Freund and Unger are the owners of both the Triple A Pacific Coast League's Memphis Redbirds and the United Soccer League's recently-launched Memphis 901 FC. Howard - currently a member of MLS side Colorado Rapids - is, of course, the former goalkeeper for the United States Men's National Team, Manchester United, and Everton.

Joining Freund, Unger, and Howard in Victoria Road Football Club, LLC are Dan Schwab, Michael Schwab, Amy Silfen, and Mark Butler.

Consortium Secures Daggers Future with Investment

On 9/18/2018 at 11:50 AM, DScruggy729 said:

Oh, Tottenham. 

On a side note, not a fan of TNT’s UCL coverage. 

The feed is international, but the Turner set is as awful as I previously thought regarding Nash and Abdo.

Nash talking with Simmons didn't help.

4 hours ago, dfwabel said:

The feed is international, but the Turner set is as awful as I previously thought regarding Nash and Abdo.

Nash talking with Simmons didn't help.

What was wrong with the Nash/Simmons pod? I enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

35 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

I thought it was Simmons (again) being bitter about not monitizing somebody else. He kept bitching about not getting a Nash book.

Fair enough. I haven't watched the Turner Champions League coverage, but Nash being part of it screams gimmick. Because it is, isn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah it is. I don't mind at that much, since I can't really be asked to take him seriously (and I did like him as a player) but the man thing that ticks me off is not being able to watch any game other than the ones shown. Had to stream Spurs-Inter through a less than legitimate source because TNT was showing Barca romp over PSV. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

39 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Yeah it is. I don't mind at that much, since I can't really be asked to take him seriously (and I did like him as a player) but the man thing that ticks me off is not being able to watch any game other than the ones shown. Had to stream Spurs-Inter through a less than legitimate source because TNT was showing Barca romp over PSV. 

Univision Desportes app, fella. It's free.

This B/R Live crap for the Champions League sucks for US viewers. I shouldn't have to pay 3 bucks a match to be able to see my team play in the UCL just because I live outside Europe. The old Fox Sports US coverage was fine. As usual, though, greedy companies ruin absolutely everything. 

spacer.png

On 10/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, Crabcake47 said:

This B/R Live crap for the Champions League sucks for US viewers. I shouldn't have to pay 3 bucks a match to be able to see my team play in the UCL just because I live outside Europe. The old Fox Sports US coverage was fine. As usual, though, greedy companies ruin absolutely everything. 

I've stopped caring about the Europa League because of it.

And well, my work schedule. I cant even DVR games anymore to watch later.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 10/3/2018 at 12:51 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Remind me of what it was like before. Did Fox Sports show more than two featured games each match day? 

On a different level, I find the $3 games a reasonable and welcomed a la carte model. Wouldn't the alternative be charging a sizable lump sum for the entire package? If I badly want to watch one of the other group stage games, $3 doesn't seem that much of a commitment.

Archived