International Football 2018-2019

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Remind me of what it was like before. Did Fox Sports show more than two featured games each match day? 

On a different level, I find the $3 games a reasonable and welcomed a la carte model. Wouldn't the alternative be charging a sizable lump sum for the entire package? If I badly want to watch one of the other group stage games, $3 doesn't seem that much of a commitment.

Fox used FS1 and FS2 for games allowing 4 matches each Match day. With staggered starts this year it would have added 2 more games to each week. Turner obviously followed the NBC Sports model, that doesn't really work for Burnley or Cardiff fans like it does Manchester fans or Liverpool fans whose teams will rarely be relegated to NBC Gold.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jmoe12 said:

Good to see the Special One isn't going down without a fight!

e8a.gif

No bias involved, I’d keep Mourinho. He seems like he’s got a level head on his shoulders and I don’t think based on his previous behavior he’d be daft enough to throw players, referees, owners, or, God forbid, the fans under the bus. I really think the best course of action for United is to keep Mourinho for the long haul, ideally for the next couple of seasons. The board needs to support him as he figures this out, which he’s shown he can do at a club. 

Sincerely,

A Liverpool Fan

spacer.png

1 minute ago, jmoe12 said:

It appears I may have spoken too soon

It might be for the best. The longer he stays at United the worse they become. Mark my words. 

spacer.png

Man, La Liga and the Bundesliga are actually gonna be some fun to watch this year. Dortmund look on the rise again, Real and Barcelona aren’t playing that well and Sevilla (particularly Andre Silva and Wissam Ben Yedder) are on FIRE. Should be some fun for once. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• 2 weeks later...

Hot take alert: Joachim Löw needs to go. Even with all that talent, Germany got blown out by a pretty weak Dutch side 3-0. He’s a great coach but I think he just needs to move on. 

21 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Hot take alert: Joachim Löw needs to go. Even with all that talent, Germany got blown out by a pretty weak Dutch side 3-0. He’s a great coach but I think he just needs to move on. 

I think Germany is suffering what other World Cup winners have been dealing with. "he's won it once, he can do it again" syndrome. Sometimes these coaches refuse to get rid of under performing players and don't bring in that fresh blood that's needed to push the older players to perform. That's part of the US's problems in the last cycle and both managers failed to adjust accordingly. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This Turner/Champions League deal is absolute garbage.

I'm sitting here at work. I've got free time. I want to watch Manchester United/Juventus. I've got TNT at home. The game is on TNT. I assume I should at least be able to go online, enter my DirecTV info and watch the game on Turner. Same as I would have on Fox, or on ESPN, or on Turner for March Madness.

Nope. Despite this one actually being broadcast on TV, they still want my $2.99 to watch the one game on my computer. I'd get having to pay for any other matches, but this one is ON TNT.

The best part is once you get to the B/R Live website (stupid), you're greeted with this at the top of the page: "At Bleacher Report Live, we believe watching live sports should be easy." Yeah. It should.

Screw you, Turner.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 hours ago, Digby said:

Was it not streaming on https://www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt/ with cable/satellite authentication?

Somehow in all my searching for TNT, Champions League, Live, BR Live, and all that, it never brought me to the regular TNT site. Which makes some sense because on the TNT site, it's just labeled 2018 UEFA Soccer.

Well, now I know for next time haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On 10/29/2018 at 4:10 PM, dfwabel said:

Real Madrid fires Julen Lopetegui after 10 La Liga games (14 overall). Santiago Solari named as caretaker.

Really don’t know what they’re going to go if they can’t get Conte under wraps. 

26 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Really don’t know what they’re going to go if they can’t get Conte under wraps. 

Solari has been in the Real Madrid academy setup for a while so he has a little pull on that team for now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/31/2018 at 11:05 PM, anythinglogos said:

Seems like the time is ripe for World War 3 to break out

Hopefully they don’t burn Buenos Aires down. Also is great to see a final being played over two legs. 

Archived