San Diego Padres focus-grouping new uniforms for 2020

Gothamite

21 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I BELIEVE that merchandise revenue is shared, unless it is sold in the "team store", in which case the team keeps it all.

That's certainly the NFL model.  But given that no MLB clubs operate their own online shops (unlike NFL teams), I'm not so sure.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's certainly the NFL model.  But given that no MLB clubs operate their own online shops (unlike NFL teams), I'm not so sure.

Not to mention, some in-park team stores are run by other people.

Fanatics running the pirates store, for example. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

9 hours ago, CS85 said:

The Hershey Bears are an example of brown being a potentially incredible design element if you do it right. 

1200px-Hershey_Bears_logo.svg.png

Bear_Paw.svg

FC St. Pauli rocks it, also with a splash of red in there.

linkTwo.jpg

I don't want to hear this crap about brown being a lousy color.  Brown is beautiful.

It's probably my favorite dark color, personally. I would also love to get my hands on a Hershey Bears jersey.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

20 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I BELIEVE that merchandise revenue is shared, unless it is sold in the "team store", in which case the team keeps it all.

Thanks. Just wonder since it seems to me, nationwide, the brown sells a lot better than the navy. Haven't seen numbers but in Seattle shops I've checked out, they have the brown but not the navy SD caps. Leads me to believe that those are the more popular ones, probably since they are unique. Still not sure why the team insists on having a generic navy blue that no one except for fans in San Diego buy. 

5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Thanks. So it isn't just me. The old brown was, well, brown, and the new one not sure what you'd call it, sludge?

Colorwerx can do you one better, with official colors:

Slug9wS.jpg

uCzqk7Q.jpg

If anything, the brown is supposed to be darker/more robust than the older shade. That team color codes site is very untrustworthy.

20 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

either keep this blue and gold from a couple seasons ago or swap out that blue for brown and call it a day. 

andrew-cashner-mlb-colorado-rockies-san-

Agreed except I'd like to see the S and the D both yellow on the cap to be consistent with the single color treatment they use on the jersey. 

It's funny, I'm a BROWN guy and hate the current blue since it doesn't say "San Diego" to me. But, seeing the blue again with the yellow seems very "San Diego" due to the Chargers history there. 

41 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Agreed except I'd like to see the S and the D both yellow on the cap to be consistent with the single color treatment they use on the jersey. 

It's funny, I'm a BROWN guy and hate the current blue since it doesn't say "San Diego" to me. But, seeing the blue again with the yellow seems very "San Diego" due to the Chargers history there. 

It's also, mostly, unique in baseball. Brewers don't count, because of an alt. Same with Mariners. 

I'm a blue and gold person for the Padres, but would also be happy with brown and gold. 

To me, the gold is the defining Padres color. Anything with gold is good. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Colorwerx can do you one better, with official colors:

Slug9wS.jpg

uCzqk7Q.jpg

If anything, the brown is supposed to be darker/more robust than the older shade. That team color codes site is very untrustworthy.

You missed the shade of brown they used from '85-'89, which was darker than the previous shade.

The current brown does have a very drab hue to it, and I hope it's not used for the new uniforms.

8 hours ago, DiePerske said:

It's also, mostly, unique in baseball. Brewers don't count, because of an alt. Same with Mariners. 

Brewers don't count? They may have diluted their brand by constanly mixing and matching shades, but they've been blue and gold since 1970.  

The absolute worst thing the Padres could do here is try to co-opt blue and gold, thereby forcing yet ANOTHER color scheme into their cache, instead of simply owning brown and building around that.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this has been shared elsewhere, but I saw this on Twitter and thought it would be of interest here. A Padres concept that makes use of a warm color gradient to mimic the stunning sunsets San Diego is known for. Thoughts?

On 7/20/2018 at 2:16 AM, NicDB said:

Brewers don't count? They may have diluted their brand by constantly mixing and matching shades, but they've been blue and gold since 1970. 

The Motre Bame set added green, which breaks things a bit.

59 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Not sure if this has been shared elsewhere, but I saw this on Twitter and thought it would be of interest here. A Padres concept that makes use of a warm color gradient to mimic the stunning sunsets San Diego is known for. Thoughts?

Yeah I saw that and thought it was pretty cool. Idk if I would want it though. Maybe something like it as just an alt if they go back to that brown/yellow/orange scheme.

Archived