Gothamite

San Diego Padres focus-grouping new uniforms for 2020

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

And I’m sure many would disagree with the statement you made.

 

And yet, according to the team’s own focus groups, brown is clearly the popular choice among the fanbase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

And yet, according to the team’s own focus groups, brown is clearly the popular choice among the fanbase. 

Thats true. But not everyone dislikes the blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t wait until the Padres try to combine brown with navy blue. 

 

“That’s what our fans wanted!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

And I’m sure many would disagree with the statement you made.

Me thinks you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olmec said:

Me thinks you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone

100% this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Olmec said:

Me thinks you are just trying to get a rise out of everyone

 

44 minutes ago, Teal said:

100% this.

If you go back to the beginning of the thread here, I said navy is the way to go. Its a stupid thing to try and get a rise about. To me, the brown is ugly. Its popular but its not a good look. I wouldn’t come here and post about that kind of thing if I didn’t believe in it. My opinion clearly isn’t yours. Doesn’t mean I wanna rise, I just wanna express my thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brown's fine if you have a nice, conservative design to it -- the novelty of the color palette itself will do the heavy lifting on headspoon/cuff piping, tailed scripts, and arched block letters. Brown Padres uniforms can be ugly but don't have to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I can’t wait until the Padres try to combine brown with navy blue. 

 

“That’s what our fans wanted!”


I must say, this does not look terrible...

basball26.jpg
 

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

 

If you go back to the beginning of the thread here, I said navy is the way to go. Its a stupid thing to try and get a rise about. To me, the brown is ugly. Its popular but its not a good look. I wouldn’t come here and post about that kind of thing if I didn’t believe in it. My opinion clearly isn’t yours. Doesn’t mean I wanna rise, I just wanna express my thought.


Seeing how you already admitted to trolling me in another thread and got called out for it, people are right to be suspicious of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NicDB said:


I must say, this does not look terrible...

basball26.jpg
 


Seeing how you already admitted to trolling me in another thread and got called out for it, people are right to be suspicious of you.

That’s powder blue, not navy. Navy would look considerably worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Thats true. But not everyone dislikes the blue.

 

Nobody said that they did.  Only that the brown is more popular.  

 

You're moving the goal posts, which is never the sign of a strong argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NicDB said:


I must say, this does not look terrible...

basball26.jpg
 


Seeing how you already admitted to trolling me in another thread and got called out for it, people are right to be suspicious of you.

I can understand. But I’m not here. I want the Padres in Navy which I think is both a fair opinion to have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I just want to see the Padres in navy. 

They have to add red in order to do that. No one on here wants that, do we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I can understand. But I’m not here. I want the Padres in Navy which I think is both a fair opinion to have. 

 

Of course it’s a fair opinion.   Nobody has said otherwise.  Only that it’s not a majority opinion among Padres fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I just want to see the Padres in navy. 

It's quotes like this that make me wonder why this site doesn't have the ability to downvotes quotes like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chakfu said:

Navy and burgundy as an approximation of brown and orange? Could be worse.

 

Could be a lot better, too. 

 

Two dark colors is a bad idea.  You need at least one bright color for contrast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I just want to see the Padres in navy. 

That’s cool, doesn’t change the fact that the majority of their fans want brown. Why should the Padres care what a poster on this website thinks especially if they are part of a different fan base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.