NFL Uniforms Displayed

rtrich11

This image is from the NFL publication "First Official Illustrated Digest 1967 Edition". There are probably some errors in there, including no stripes on the Saints helmet, but they hadn't even played a game yet. Another thing to notice is the alignment. The Coastal Division is bi-coastal, and not very easy to travel, I suppose. Anyway, I think it's kinda neat to see em all. Enjoy.

NFL1967.jpg

i remember as a sophomore, our practice jerseys were 3/4 sleeved, and i guess they were old game jerseys that had been in storage for a while. they sort of looked funny cus you don't see actual sleeves even on high school players anymore :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Some of those are still (or once again) the same--or just about--cool pictures though--

Thanks for sharing...

wow...I'm surprised how many are pretty much exactly the same. the now NFC north...or central division in western conference are all the same except the adding black to the lions and orange C instead of white C on the bears. OH...facemasks. But basics...exact still for the entire division.

wow...I'm surprised how many are pretty much exactly the same.

Yeah. Out of the 16 here, it seems to me only the Redskins, Eagles, and Falcons have done complete identiy overhauls. I add Eagles to this because of their eagle head logo+radically different unis. There are tweaks to others, but not too much. Also interesting is that the Giants have come full circle to look like they did right here, making their 1970s overhaul moot.

The Rams are in blue here, but from this point until they went back to yellow, they wore their white jerseys. Kind of like the Cowboys do. I wonder if the Saints were in white here because they used to play outside and would be cooler in white. Just a theory, though.

• 2 weeks later...
This image is from the NFL publication "First Official Illustrated Digest 1967 Edition". There are probably some errors in there, including no stripes on the Saints helmet, but they hadn't even played a game yet.

I've noticed that the gold of the 49ers' and Saints' uniform pictures is decidedly more yellowish than in real life, particularly in the case of the helmets. My guess is that it was extremely difficult to accurately depict metallic gold colors in print in the era before the wide usage of Pantone standards.

Based on color photos I've seen of the 49ers in the late-1960s and early-1970s, the gold of the 49ers pants was often more brownish-looking than depicted here.

David

Archived