Best Dressed Sports Teams?

andrewharrington

id like to see lots of posts on this one, especially all you regulars. ^_^ what teams do you think are the best dressed in sports. pick two from each of the four statistically most popular american professional sports, (one from each conference/league) and two from each of the two statistically most popular college sports. maybe add a couple adjectives to tell us why you like this teams dress.

naturally, ill start it off.

NFL

afc - CLEVELAND BROWNS. classic. colorful. hometown pride. :D

nfc - NEW ORLEANS SAINTS. simple. befitting. great logo.

MLB

al - BOSTON RED SOX. historic yet contemporary. elegant. simple.

nl - CHICAGO CUBS. maybe i just like curses and simple unis? <_<

NHL

east - OTTAWA SENATORS. awesome logo. intimidating color scheme.

west - CALGARY FLAMES. great colors. great logo.

NBA

east - DETROIT PISTONS. beautiful. i dont even like red/white/blue. :P

west - DALLAS MAVERICKS. almost perfect. i only wish they still had green accent.

NCAA football

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES. intimidating. attractive.

TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS. the REAL orange crush.

NCAA Basketball

NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS. great colors. classic design.

GONZAGA BULLDOGS. it caries some unknown simplistic detail. have fun. ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'll stick with the 4 major sports.

NFL

afc - Cleveland Browns - they have a good look and don't change it

nfc - Philadelphia Eagles - great logo, intimidating uniforms

MLB

al - Seattle Mariniers - great baseball look, simple, but cool

nl - Atlanta Braves - I like the consistency of the striping throughout the uniforms

NHL

east - Philadelphia Flyers - great, simple and classic, but bring back the REAL orange jerseys!

west - Chicago Blackhawks - like the striping, and a great color scheme

NBA

east - New York Knicks - bright, flashy colors, but not too hard on the eyes

west - San Antonio Spurs - great color scheme, and great uniforms

And that's my final answer.

NFL

afc - CLEVELAND BROWNS. i love the colors, and the simplicity

nfc - CHICAGO BEARS. uniform perfection.

MLB

al - BOSTON RED SOX. classic, and not as tacky as pajama-like pinstripes that are on other "classic" designs.

nl - HOUSTON ASTROS. those red alternates are very nice looking.

NHL

east - NEW YORK ISLANDERS. forget the alternate, cause it's terrible... but home/road are perfect. i even like the logo (i'm in the minority)

west - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - intimidating, without any silly fangs, claws, or shadows. my favorite uniforms in all of sports.

NBA

east - BOSTON CELTICS. beautifully classic.

west - DENVER NUGGETS. before everyone ripped if off, the color scheme is just so unique... not enough teams wear bright colors. i'm tired of navy blue on every one.

NCAA football

TEXAS LONGHORNS. burnt orange is sooooo awesome. classics, clean, i love the unis.

OREGON DUCKS. say what you will, but i love the radioactive look... there's nothing more unique in all of sports, and i salute them for it.

NCAA HOCKEY

UNIVERSITY OF MAINE. again, ignore the alternate jersey. otherwise nice colors, great tradition, and in my opinion, the cleanest and most professional looking uniform design in all of hockey.

NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SOUIX. great color scheme, intimidating logo, clean uniforms.

i don't watch enough college basketball or baseball to know what people wear...

good call with the other UT, i couldnt choose between texas or tenn, theyre both close to my heart, and i also was this close to choosing the celtics too, becasue those unis rock, and im irish ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

NFL

nfc - Arizona Cardinals - Yes, really

afc - Houston Texans - Of the new generation uniforms this is the best by far

NBA

Celtics

Pistons

MLB

Angels

Braves - I hate the Braves but they always look good

NHL

no clue

NCAA football

Penn State - Yes, really

Michigan

NFL

afc - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS. Simple, but stands the test of time (wish they'd keep the blue facemask though)

nfc - ARIZONA CARDINALS. Love the helmet and have always like the jerseys.

MLB

al - YANKEES. I hate the Yankess, the unis ARE baseball

nl - CHICAGO CUBS. They have never mastered their roads, but the homes make up for it

NHL

east - NY ISLANDERS. Just like Cole, I hate the 3rd, but love the logo and the hm/rd

west - MINNESOTA WILD. Logo and colors made up for a dreadful team name

NBA

east - MIAMI HEAT. I've always liked their identity.

west - SAN ANTONIA SPURS. Theirs too.

NCAA football

WISCONSIN BADGERS. Best helmet in College Football

KANSAS STATE WILDCATS. Love the purple and silver

NCAA Basketball

MINNESOTA GOPHERS. Love the Maroon and "Gold" and the "gold" home jersey

DUKE BLUEDEVILS. Should ditch the black jersey, but the blue and white are classic.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL

AFC-Denver Brocnos. Original, Stylish, perfect. Oakland is a close second...

NFC-St. Louis Rams. The gold is VERY nice on the blue. And great helmet.

CFL

East-Ottawa. I love the numbers on it...

West-*Shudders*Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I don't even want to talk about it.....

NHL

East-Montreal's Red. Absolutly gorgeous, classy, amazing. Only Philly and Ottawa's black and the Leaf's Classic third are close.

West-Chicago. I could go on for days. THE best dressed team in sports.

MLB

AL-Boston. No name on the homes, and much cooler numbers then the Yankees (The only real competition, BTW)

NL-San Francisco. The cream is beautiful

NCAA

Michigan. The helmet, best looking football uniform on TV.

NFL

afc - Browns- classic logo-less helmet should never be replaced

nfc - Seahawks- just absolutely love their shade of Seahawk Blue

MLB

al - White Sox- black, white and silver is my fav. combo in all of sports

nl - Astros- unique brick & sand scheme is very classy

NHL

east - Penguins- love the new retro unis, especially the vegas gold

west - Wild- most innovative logo ive ever seen, great colours. if only the name were better.

NBA

east - Pistons- they went from worst (teal-maroon) to first (red-white-blue)

west - Spurs- see white sox comment.

NCAA football

Penn State- most plain unis ever created, but theres just something about them i love.

Miami- this years unis are a step down, but the ones theyve have for the last few years were great

NCAA Basketball

NC - gotta love the powder blue and argyle accents

Syracuse- orange jerseys rule

MLB-

AL- ANGELS, great modern update, yet kept classic

NL- 'STROS, growing on me

NBA-

EAST-KNICKS, unique and classic

WEST-SUNS, love the orange alt

NFL-

AFC-JAGUARS, especially the home alts, teal jerseys, black pants

NFC-FALCONS, glad they made red jerseys primarys

NCAA BASKETBALL-

CAROLINA, classic

FLORIDA, flashy adn simple

NCAA FOOTBALL-

FLORIDA, classic, love the all blues

COLORADO, esp. all blacks

worst ever- BROWNS, sorry guys, just could never stand them. bengals new ones are also pathetic, as are hornets, Va Tech in football, and georgia in basketball

www.skyedesignstudios.com

NFL

AFC -- Oakland Raiders

The originators of black and silver still pull it off the best. Denver and Tennessee get a close second.

NFC -- Green Bay Packers

Okay, maybe I'm a bit biased here. But if the overall look has changed that little since the Lombardi years (save for a few hiccups), they must have done something right.

MLB

AL -- Seattle Mariners

Great color scheme, the best modern interpretation of traditional uniform design in the majors.

NL -- Pittsburgh Pirates

Another great modern interpretation of a previous design in the team's history.

NBA

East -- Chicago Bulls

Maybe the MJ era had something to do with this. But their home/road uniform scheme has changed very little (save for the BULLS wordmark on the aways) since 1967.

West -- Dallas Mavericks

Easily the best of the new-school NBA uniform designs. The only thing wrong with it is the "DALLAS" script on the home jersey

NHL

East -- Toronto Maple Leafs

Clean and simple, attractive color scheme, an Original Six franchise with lots of history. What more is there to say?

West -- Colorado Avalanche

Probably my favorite of the new-school logos in the NHL. Minnesota comes in a close second.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Michigan Wolverines -- The team is EVIL (Go Badgers!), but the helmet design is classic, along with the Maize and Blue color scheme.

Oregon Ducks -- Proving that it doesn't have to be traditional to be attractive, I'm going with a team that decided to push the envelope

QPR%20Sig.png

Chicago Blackhawks are the best dressed team in all of sports, of any professional sport, anywhere in the world.

Of that there is no doubt.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Chicago Blackhawks are the best dressed team in all of sports, of any professional sport, anywhere in the world.

Damn straight!

I mean, the sweater's bottom stripes merge perfectly to the rest of the uniform, and the socks follow a great pattern. The alternate logo is THE best alternate logo there is, it gives the impression of the city with the influence of the team. The main logo is classy, symbolic, respectful to the people it represents, and has just a bit of mystery to it.

The uniform of the Chicago Blackhawks is the best of all worlds: It's classy, it's historic, it's eye-catching; but, conversly, it's also tough, hip, and not too bright.

I'll only touch on the sports I care about:

MLB:

AL: Baltimore Orioles. I miss the white under layer on the blacks, but I can live.

NL: St Louis Cardinals. A red alternate would ice this cake.

NFL:

NFC: Washington Redskins

AFC: Oakland Raiders

Damn straight!

I mean, the sweater's bottom stripes merge perfectly to the rest of the uniform, and the socks follow a great pattern. The alternate logo is THE best alternate logo there is, it gives the impression of the city with the influence of the team. The main logo is classy, symbolic, respectful to the people it represents, and has just a bit of mystery to it.

The uniform of the Chicago Blackhawks is the best of all worlds: It's classy, it's historic, it's eye-catching; but, conversly, it's also tough, hip, and not too bright.

My sarcasm detector just exploded...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

MLB

AL Boston Red SOx

NL Atlanta Braves

NFL

AFC Oakland Raiders

NFC Philadelphia Eagles

NBA

West Denver Nuggets

East Boston Celtics