Loudoun United USL revealed

mcrosby

Loudoun_Web_Cover_7-17_large.jpg

From the article: 

LOUDOUN, Va. – The United Soccer League (USL) has announced its latest expansion club with Loudoun United FC, headquartered in Loudoun County, Virginia. Loudoun United FC becomes the seventh and final new club set to join the league for the 2019 season and joins the Richmond Kickers as the only professional soccer teams based in Virginia. The announcement was made today at Vanish Farmwoods Brewery and was attended by elected officials from across the county and state, as well as business and community leaders.

Loudoun United will be a subsidiary of Major League Soccer’s D.C. United. A brand new 5,000-person stadium is planned to be built adjacent to Bolen and Loudoun Soccer Parks. Additional stadium updates will be provided in the coming months.

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/935229

From me: What a joy to work with Loudoun United FC to create a unique brand for an MLS subsidiary. 

1 hour ago, mcrosby said:

Loudoun_Web_Cover_7-17_large.jpg

From me: What a joy to work with Loudoun United FC to create a unique brand for an MLS subsidiary. 

Outstanding work, Mark! I love the nods to the Loudon County Seal and Flag (both based upon the coat-of-arms of the Earl of Loudon, for whom the county was named), the county's place within Virginia "horse country", and the wing borrowed from the D.C. United crest. It all combines to make for a dynamic crest.     

32 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Outstanding work, Mark! I love the nods to the Loudon County Seal and Flag (both based upon the coat-of-arms of the Earl of Loudon, for whom the county was named), the county's place within Virginia "horse country", and the wing borrowed from the D.C. United crest. It all combines to make for a dynamic crest.     

I pushed for dark green instead of black to represent the flag. 

Loudoun-County-Flag.jpg?ssl=1

That’s excellent work. 

The only minor quibble I have is that Pegasus could probably benefit from a white keyline - the black and red run together a bit at small size.

But on the whole, it’s excellent. Clearly inspired by DC United while maintaining its own local identity.  This should be the standard by which reserve sides are measures going forward. 

Part of me was hoping this club would be called NOVA United. Nova just sounds more soccer-ish to me ?

So this club will be DC United's new reserve team?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived