PittsburghSucks

2018 NFL Season

Recommended Posts

On 9/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Red Wolf said:

The Bills are probably as inept an organization as there is in footb... All of sports.

This

 

 

You know, I meant to reply to this last week and it just sat in my text editor and I forgot about it.

 

 

I come back here to complain about the game, and I see that this comment holds just as true as it ever did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's crazy to me that there isn't more coverage or news related to Vontae Davis. if there really IS a ton of outrage, I haven't seen it. 

 

I get that he was fed up, but man-just finish your work day. 2 more hours. Then you're not completely screwing your teammates and employees over, you're not as big of a news story, and you probably get paid for the full game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

All Florida teams are currently 2-0.

 

Rare.

If this success holds up, all three teams will make the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 1999.

The Super Bowl will be hosted in Atlanta this year, same as 1999.
The Rams, having relocated a few years prior and after many years of mediocrity, are on the rise as a top NFL team, just like things unfolded in 1999.
The Bills made the playoffs and lost in the Wild Card last year, same as 1999.

The Titans unveiled new uniforms the previous offseason, just like 1999.
In all likelihood the Titans will finish at least second in the division behind Jacksonville, who will probably win the division, like 1999.

Mariota got drafted in a year ending with 5, just like Steve McNair.
McNair was #9, Mariota is #8....9 - 8 = 1...1....one...one yard short.


It's all lining up. Super Bowl LIII will be Rams vs Titans II: In Search of the Last Yard.
Kevin Dyson gets his revenge February 3rd, 2019. Epic Cinderella run of the year. The ghost of Bud Adams is rising. Mark it down, folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

it's crazy to me that there isn't more coverage or news related to Vontae Davis. if there really IS a ton of outrage, I haven't seen it. 

 

I get that he was fed up, but man-just finish your work day. 2 more hours. Then you're not completely screwing your teammates and employees over, you're not as big of a news story, and you probably get paid for the full game.

 

He released a statement after the game. 

 

 

Can’t fault him if he didn’t physically feel right or feel like he belonged out there due to physical limitations. He could have ruined the rest of his life (look at Shazier as an example) by playing further. 

 

I don’t think he went about it in the best way he could have, but if he doesn’t want to play anymore, then he made the right decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

If this success holds up, all three teams will make the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 1999.

The Super Bowl will be hosted in Atlanta this year, same as 1999.
The Rams, having relocated a few years prior and after many years of mediocrity, are on the rise as a top NFL team, just like things unfolded in 1999.
The Bills made the playoffs and lost in the Wild Card last year, same as 1999.

The Titans unveiled new uniforms the previous offseason, just like 1999.
In all likelihood the Titans will finish at least second in the division behind Jacksonville, who will probably win the division, like 1999.

Mariota got drafted in a year ending with 5, just like Steve McNair.
McNair was #9, Mariota is #8....9 - 8 = 1...1....one...one yard short.


It's all lining up. Super Bowl LIII will be Rams vs Titans II: In Search of the Last Yard.
Kevin Dyson gets his revenge February 3rd, 2019. Epic Cinderella run of the year. The ghost of Bud Adams is rising. Mark it down, folks.

 

All of a sudden, this song comes to mind...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

He released a statement after the game. 

 

Can’t fault him if he didn’t physically feel right or feel like he belonged out there due to physical limitations. He could have ruined the rest of his life (look at Shazier as an example) by playing further. 

 

I don’t think he went about it in the best way he could have, but if he doesn’t want to play anymore, then he made the right decision. 

Saw that and I get that. and I agree with your last sentence completely. But he quit on his team in the MIDDLE of a game. He's a quitter. 

 

If he had a legitimate reason to think that playing another 15 mins more or less would ruin his life (like a bounty on him or something), I get that too. But just stick it out for another hour of work, and then respectfully tell the team you need to move on. Or tell the coach at halftime, "hey i can't do it. keep me on the sideline".  

 

It's easy to judge from the sidelines though. I just can't believe someone/anyone would do something like that to their teammates.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Can’t fault him if he didn’t physically feel right or feel like he belonged out there due to physical limitations. He could have ruined the rest of his life (look at Shazier as an example) by playing further.  

  

I don’t think he went about it in the best way he could have, but if he doesn’t want to play anymore, then he made the right decision.  

 

Exactly. No one should feel compelled to do something dangerous if they don't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

Saw that and I get that. and I agree with your last sentence completely. But he quit on his team in the MIDDLE of a game. He's a quitter. 

 

If he had a legitimate reason to think that playing another 15 mins more or less would ruin his life (like a bounty on him or something), I get that too. But just stick it out for another hour of work, and then respectfully tell the team you need to move on. Or tell the coach at halftime, "hey i can't do it. keep me on the sideline".  

 

It's easy to judge from the sidelines though. I just can't believe someone/anyone would do something like that to their teammates.

 

 

 

Yeah, I get you.

 

I understand both Davis’ viewpoint and his teammates. 

 

I’d be mad if I were one of his teammates, and personally, I would have preferred if he just stayed on the sidelines for the rest of game (street clothes, or in uniform but clearly not coming back in, doesn’t matter) then told his teammates and coaches of his intent to retire after the game. 

 

But it is only a game, and a game that can cripple, or even kill, its players too.

 

I’d be alright with being labeled a quitter if I had millions in the bank and my good health to walk away to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Yeah, I get you.

 

I understand both Davis’ viewpoint and his teammates. 

 

I’d be mad if I were one of his teammates, and personally, I would have preferred if he just stayed on the sidelines for the rest of game (street clothes, or in uniform but clearly not coming back in, doesn’t matter) then told his teammates and coaches of his intent to retire after the game. 

 

But it is only a game, and a game that can cripple, or even kill, its players too.

 

I’d be alright with being labeled a quitter if I had millions in the bank and my good health to walk away to. 

 

yep, agreed. can't fault that thinking in the least bit. Not a fan and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but it's a game at the end of the day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick looks awesome now:

eqyjyaaikge3cyxp3hbp.jpg

 

 

You beat me to it. Was just about to post this pic. Hahaha. 

 

Channeling his inner Conor McGregor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjs11 said:

it's crazy to me that there isn't more coverage or news related to Vontae Davis. if there really IS a ton of outrage, I haven't seen it. 

 

I get that he was fed up, but man-just finish your work day. 2 more hours. Then you're not completely screwing your teammates and employees over, you're not as big of a news story, and you probably get paid for the full game.

 

Why should the employee care when management clearly doesn't?  Especially in a sport fraught with physical peril?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rams80 said:

 

Why should the employee care when management clearly doesn't?  Especially in a sport fraught with physical peril?

well I don't think that's fair. It's not like they are treating their employees unfairly. They are at a low point in their billion dollar sports franchise.  One of the 32 teams has to suck. Should the other 52 players on the roster quit because management 'doesn't care'?

 

If they have concerns with health, then yes, absolutely they should quit. But I don't think Vontae quit because "management doesn't care". He quit cause he couldn't hack it anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. You're allowed to quit your job if you don't like it. This shouldn't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

@DG_Now yeah. i guess. but still a real s****y way to do it and sort of unfounded in sports

 

He didn't want to be Joe Theismanned out of the game so he left when he felt he didn't have anything else to contribute. An alternative as to stay in the game and continue to get smoked in the second half or, worse, get his head knocked off.

 

He did the right thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

 

He didn't want to be Joe Theismanned out of the game so he left when he felt he didn't have anything else to contribute. An alternative as to stay in the game and continue to get smoked in the second half or, worse, get his head knocked off.

 

He did the right thing.

only if you look at them like actual human beings vs robots that kill their bodies for our amusement ;)

 

totally get that argument. but a part of me still wants to make the argument that: if i were in my weekly 2 hour company status meeting and I just walked out, got in my "street clothes" and left, without an explanation, that would be pretty uncool. But then I tweeted, "hey i didn't think i could help the company any more".....i bet they'd still be pretty pissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.