2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, Red Wolf said:

The Bills are probably as inept an organization as there is in footb... All of sports.

This

You know, I meant to reply to this last week and it just sat in my text editor and I forgot about it.

I come back here to complain about the game, and I see that this comment holds just as true as it ever did

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

it's crazy to me that there isn't more coverage or news related to Vontae Davis. if there really IS a ton of outrage, I haven't seen it. 

I get that he was fed up, but man-just finish your work day. 2 more hours. Then you're not completely screwing your teammates and employees over, you're not as big of a news story, and you probably get paid for the full game.

4 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

All Florida teams are currently 2-0.

Rare.

If this success holds up, all three teams will make the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 1999.

The Super Bowl will be hosted in Atlanta this year, same as 1999.
The Rams, having relocated a few years prior and after many years of mediocrity, are on the rise as a top NFL team, just like things unfolded in 1999.
The Bills made the playoffs and lost in the Wild Card last year, same as 1999.

The Titans unveiled new uniforms the previous offseason, just like 1999.
In all likelihood the Titans will finish at least second in the division behind Jacksonville, who will probably win the division, like 1999.

Mariota got drafted in a year ending with 5, just like Steve McNair.
McNair was #9, Mariota is #8....9 - 8 = 1...1....one...one yard short.

It's all lining up. Super Bowl LIII will be Rams vs Titans II: In Search of the Last Yard.
Kevin Dyson gets his revenge February 3rd, 2019. Epic Cinderella run of the year. The ghost of Bud Adams is rising. Mark it down, folks.

ICXC NIKA

24 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

it's crazy to me that there isn't more coverage or news related to Vontae Davis. if there really IS a ton of outrage, I haven't seen it. 

I get that he was fed up, but man-just finish your work day. 2 more hours. Then you're not completely screwing your teammates and employees over, you're not as big of a news story, and you probably get paid for the full game.

He released a statement after the game. 

Can’t fault him if he didn’t physically feel right or feel like he belonged out there due to physical limitations. He could have ruined the rest of his life (look at Shazier as an example) by playing further. 

I don’t think he went about it in the best way he could have, but if he doesn’t want to play anymore, then he made the right decision. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

24 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

If this success holds up, all three teams will make the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 1999.

The Super Bowl will be hosted in Atlanta this year, same as 1999.
The Rams, having relocated a few years prior and after many years of mediocrity, are on the rise as a top NFL team, just like things unfolded in 1999.
The Bills made the playoffs and lost in the Wild Card last year, same as 1999.

The Titans unveiled new uniforms the previous offseason, just like 1999.
In all likelihood the Titans will finish at least second in the division behind Jacksonville, who will probably win the division, like 1999.

Mariota got drafted in a year ending with 5, just like Steve McNair.
McNair was #9, Mariota is #8....9 - 8 = 1...1....one...one yard short.

It's all lining up. Super Bowl LIII will be Rams vs Titans II: In Search of the Last Yard.
Kevin Dyson gets his revenge February 3rd, 2019. Epic Cinderella run of the year. The ghost of Bud Adams is rising. Mark it down, folks.

All of a sudden, this song comes to mind...

10 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

He released a statement after the game. 

Can’t fault him if he didn’t physically feel right or feel like he belonged out there due to physical limitations. He could have ruined the rest of his life (look at Shazier as an example) by playing further. 

I don’t think he went about it in the best way he could have, but if he doesn’t want to play anymore, then he made the right decision. 

Saw that and I get that. and I agree with your last sentence completely. But he quit on his team in the MIDDLE of a game. He's a quitter. 

If he had a legitimate reason to think that playing another 15 mins more or less would ruin his life (like a bounty on him or something), I get that too. But just stick it out for another hour of work, and then respectfully tell the team you need to move on. Or tell the coach at halftime, "hey i can't do it. keep me on the sideline".  

It's easy to judge from the sidelines though. I just can't believe someone/anyone would do something like that to their teammates.

8 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Exactly. No one should feel compelled to do something dangerous if they don't want to.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

26 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

Saw that and I get that. and I agree with your last sentence completely. But he quit on his team in the MIDDLE of a game. He's a quitter. 

If he had a legitimate reason to think that playing another 15 mins more or less would ruin his life (like a bounty on him or something), I get that too. But just stick it out for another hour of work, and then respectfully tell the team you need to move on. Or tell the coach at halftime, "hey i can't do it. keep me on the sideline".  

It's easy to judge from the sidelines though. I just can't believe someone/anyone would do something like that to their teammates.

Yeah, I get you.

I understand both Davis’ viewpoint and his teammates. 

I’d be mad if I were one of his teammates, and personally, I would have preferred if he just stayed on the sidelines for the rest of game (street clothes, or in uniform but clearly not coming back in, doesn’t matter) then told his teammates and coaches of his intent to retire after the game. 

But it is only a game, and a game that can cripple, or even kill, its players too.

I’d be alright with being labeled a quitter if I had millions in the bank and my good health to walk away to. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

30 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Yeah, I get you.

I understand both Davis’ viewpoint and his teammates. 

I’d be mad if I were one of his teammates, and personally, I would have preferred if he just stayed on the sidelines for the rest of game (street clothes, or in uniform but clearly not coming back in, doesn’t matter) then told his teammates and coaches of his intent to retire after the game. 

But it is only a game, and a game that can cripple, or even kill, its players too.

I’d be alright with being labeled a quitter if I had millions in the bank and my good health to walk away to. 

yep, agreed. can't fault that thinking in the least bit. Not a fan and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but it's a game at the end of the day

2 hours ago, tjs11 said:

Why should the employee care when management clearly doesn't?  Especially in a sport fraught with physical peril?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Why should the employee care when management clearly doesn't?  Especially in a sport fraught with physical peril?

well I don't think that's fair. It's not like they are treating their employees unfairly. They are at a low point in their billion dollar sports franchise.  One of the 32 teams has to suck. Should the other 52 players on the roster quit because management 'doesn't care'?

If they have concerns with health, then yes, absolutely they should quit. But I don't think Vontae quit because "management doesn't care". He quit cause he couldn't hack it anymore 

6 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

@DG_Now yeah. i guess. but still a real s****y way to do it and sort of unfounded in sports

He didn't want to be Joe Theismanned out of the game so he left when he felt he didn't have anything else to contribute. An alternative as to stay in the game and continue to get smoked in the second half or, worse, get his head knocked off.

He did the right thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

35 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

He didn't want to be Joe Theismanned out of the game so he left when he felt he didn't have anything else to contribute. An alternative as to stay in the game and continue to get smoked in the second half or, worse, get his head knocked off.

He did the right thing.

only if you look at them like actual human beings vs robots that kill their bodies for our amusement ;)

totally get that argument. but a part of me still wants to make the argument that: if i were in my weekly 2 hour company status meeting and I just walked out, got in my "street clothes" and left, without an explanation, that would be pretty uncool. But then I tweeted, "hey i didn't think i could help the company any more".....i bet they'd still be pretty pissed.

Archived