2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

15 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Remember when the cowboy fans here were saying that Dak was better than Carson Wentz and was going to have a better career? 

Yean man, I definitely do. I remember thinking what dummies those guys were. Happy to have been proven correct. I remember you and I saying how he was just a product of a great OL (just like we did about Demarco murray, and those turds cried when he left to become nothing anywhere else).  The only thing Dak is better at than Carson Wentz is being terrible.  He’s definitely got him there. 

Honestly, you’re probably the smartest poster on here (most likely the best looking one too). I wish I could touch you in all sorts of dirty ways. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 9/25/2018 at 7:31 AM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

My Dad seems convinced they're going to go WR/QB in the 1st round, and I suggested that they go for the big name WR first, and if there is a QB they really want; and he's still on the board, trade back into the 1st to get him.

Have the QB play behind Prescott, but have a short leash for Dak. If Dak can gel with a new coach, OC, gameplan and a vertical deep threat, maybe he can still be a starter.

Cowboys should go OC or Head Coach in the 1st next year...

Jokes aside, I bet we go WR in the 1st. Dak isn't playing well, but he isn't the only one. The coaches aren't being creative with their play calling or play design in the passing game (check this play breakdown from Brian Baldinger; where is Dak supposed to throw this ball?!),

And the players are not executing the plays well either. It's a bad mix. Can't have horrendous, predictable play design coupled with a QB who doesn't throw with anticipation well (my main complaint with Dak) and WR's who can't get open.

Even proof of how bad the play calling is, Zeke right now is leading the league in rushing with an absurd 5.7 y/c, despite only average 16 carries a game. The Cowboys are 1st in yards BEFORE contact (indicating that the o-line is balling in the run game right now). Dak is averaging 30 attempts a game. It's inexcusable.

The Cowboys are 16-0 when Zeke gets 25+ carries and Dak throws less than 25 times. We're 7-12 in all other games. I know those last two stats can be a bit misleading because if we already have a big lead, of course we're going to pound away with Zeke, but still.

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yean man, I definitely do. I remember thinking what dummies those guys were. Happy to have been proven correct. I remember you and I saying how he was just a product of a great OL (just like we did about Demarco murray, and those turds cried when he left to become nothing anywhere else).  The only thing Dak is better at than Carson Wentz is being terrible.  He’s definitely got him there. 

Honestly, you’re probably the smartest poster on here (most likely the best looking one too). I wish I could touch you in all sorts of dirty ways. 

I know you aren't entirely serious but to be fair, look at these stats and tell me who's the better QB?

Player A - 60% comp, 6044 yards, 41 TD's, 19 INT, 87.3 QB Rating, 6.78 AY/A

Player B - 66% comp, 5661 yards, 50 TD's, 8 INT, 101.6 QB Rating, 8.13 AY/A

This during Wentz' (Player A) and Dak's (Player B) first 25 career games and includes most of Wentz' outstanding season last year. It's easy to see why we thought that. Dak's numbers weren't just better than Wentz' stats, they were top 5 all-time. Only Hall of Famer Kurt Warner had a better start to his career than Dak.

Obviously, this is the Dak we have had since (62% comp, 1828 yards, 8 TD's, 11 INT, 73.4 QB rating, 5.17 AY/A). During my research, out of qualified QB's (min 250 attempts and during career games 26-35), Dak is ranked 52nd out of 66 QB's.. Not good. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

12 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Even proof of how bad the play calling is, Zeke right now is leading the league in rushing with an absurd 5.7 y/c, despite only average 16 carries a game. The Cowboys are 1st in yards BEFORE contact (indicating that the o-line is balling in the run game right now). Dak is averaging 30 attempts a game. It's inexcusable.

The Cowboys are 16-0 when Zeke gets 25+ carries and Dak throws less than 25 times. We're 7-12 in all other games. I know those last two stats can be a bit misleading because if we already have a big lead, of course we're going to pound away with Zeke, but still.

I know you aren't entirely serious but to be fair, look at these stats and tell me who's the better QB?

Player A - 60% comp, 6044 yards, 41 TD's, 19 INT, 87.3 QB Rating, 6.78 AY/A

Player B - 66% comp, 5661 yards, 50 TD's, 8 INT, 101.6 QB Rating, 8.13 AY/A

This during Wentz' (Player A) and Dak's (Player B) first 25 career games and includes most of Wentz' outstanding season last year. It's easy to see why we thought that. Dak's numbers weren't just better than Wentz' stats, they were top 5 all-time. Only Hall of Famer Kurt Warner had a better start to his career than Dak.

Obviously, this is the Dak we have had since (62% comp, 1828 yards, 8 TD's, 11 INT, 73.4 QB rating, 5.17 AY/A). During my research, out of qualified QB's (min 250 attempts and during career games 26-35), Dak is ranked 52nd out of 66 QB's.. Not good. 

Basically, Dallas needs to copy Alabama last year. When Hurts threw more than 20 times, Bama lost. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Basically, Dallas needs to copy Alabama last year. When Hurts threw more than 20 times, Bama lost. 

The problem is, almost every Defense in the league when playing Dallas anticipates the run and stacks the Box on almost every play. They anticipate the check-down so the LBs basically do nothing but patrol the sidelines and the sticks.

The defense is basically saying to Scott and Dak; "Throw it deep, we dare you."

And Scott's too stubborn to change his play-calling.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

1 hour ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The problem is, almost every Defense in the league when playing Dallas anticipates the run and stacks the Box on almost every play. They anticipate the check-down so the LBs basically do nothing but patrol the sidelines and the sticks.

The defense is basically saying to Scott and Dak; "Throw it deep, we dare you."

And Scott's too stubborn to change his play-calling.

That's pretty much correct.  So far this season, defenses blitz the Cowboys offense 35.4% of the time, which is third highest in the league (only behind CLE and BUF).  Last season, the Cowboys were 23rd in times blitzes.  

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Hard Rock sounds alright. I didn't say all.

20 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Most cooperate-named stadiums/arenas/ballparks have terrible names anyway. I'm glad there's still places like Lambeau and Wrigley out there.

zpqy6EY.jpg

Archived