2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, this is my first time on the boards for a while, and I’m making a new discussion. After Amari Cooper was traded to the Cowboys, many people have started speculating whether or not he is the missing piece the Cowboys need to revive their season. Personally, I think they may have a chance. Dak really needs a #1 target, and the NFC East is tightly contested enough to the point where they could get a wild card spot at the best. 

Well, what do you guys think? Share your opinions below!

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Buffalo isn't that lucky, but you're on to something. The Bills need Nathan Peterman taken away, like you would take a drunk's keys. They obviously can't be trusted to make the right decision.

Has any football franchise been so beholden to a terrible quarterback before? I feel like Joey Harrington and David Carr are good examples, but they were at least high draft picks with potential. WTF is Peterman?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know, as fans, we like to say “Player A is so bad, how’d he even make it into the league?” but when in reality, there are no bad players in the NFL.

Every player, even the practice squad guys, were stars at their high school and elite players at the collegiate level. They are the only 2,000 players, per year, that are good enough to play professionally. Out of millions of people, too. 

However, Nathan Peterman is the first player I’ve seen in the NFL that makes me question that. I’ve never seen a pro football player look so incompetent before. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Has any football franchise been so beholden to a terrible quarterback before? I feel like Joey Harrington and David Carr are good examples, but they were at least high draft picks with potential. WTF is Peterman?

I still can't believe Rex Grossman went to a Super Bowl. Nathan Peterman is a temporary fill-in with a $615K cap hit while the team rebuilds and prepares Josh Allen to be the franchise QB.

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

At least Harrington and Carr were talented enough to be picked at the top of the draft and both careers were obviously broken by the poor teams they played on for years. If a team drafts a QB with a first round pick, they are going to give them every opportunity to succeed/fail; which is how you explain players like Josh Freeman, Brandon Weeden, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel, and Jake Locker getting multiple shots/years with their respective teams.

But Peterman was a 5th round pick and no one outside of the Bills thought he was anything more than a career backup... their fascination with him was little bizarre (benching Tyrod for him, allowing him to start the season over Allen) but I'm pretty certain the Bills have been cleared of any delusion of Peterman's abilities by now. He's only starting this week out of pure need for a body.

Also, this feels strange to say this at 3-4 in a semi-disappointing season, but Bob Quinn is doing a great job as GM of the Lions... I can't remember when I've had more confidence in the person calling the shots in Detroit. Getting Snacks Harrison for a 5th round pick, being proactive and trading 8-10 weeks of Golden Tate for a 3rd, drafting what looks to be three impact players in this year's draft (Ragnow, Johnson, and Hand)... it's been a good year of under-the-radar moves that won't get much attention now but set the team up for better success down the road. Just need to invest resources into the defense and the Lions will start being a sneaky good, young team. 

24 minutes ago, GFB said:

But Peterman was a 5th round pick and no one outside of the Bills thought he was anything more than a career backup... their fascination with him was little bizarre (benching Tyrod for him, allowing him to start the season over Allen) but I'm pretty certain the Bills have been cleared of any delusion of Peterman's abilities by now. He's only starting this week out of pure need for a body. 

I bet you we'll find out in a few years that Peterman is somebody's son or nephew. He seems like a rich guy's project for giggles.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

36 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I bet you we'll find out in a few years that Peterman is somebody's son or nephew. He seems like a rich guy's project for giggles.

Either that or he has incriminating photographs of the Bills’ coaching staff. It’s gotta be one or the other. 

It’s like that episode of black mirror. He has a vid of Sean McDermott being peed on by Russian prozzys, and says if he plays then he won’t post it, but then at the end of he season he does anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In honor of Halloween last night, the Bills hoisted the remains of Derek Anderson to the top of an abandoned grain elevator, hoping to catch a stray lightning bolt in order to re-re-animate him.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

In honor of Halloween last night, the Bills hoisted the remains of Derek Anderson to the top of an abandoned grain elevator, hoping to catch a stray lightning bolt in order to re-re-animate him. 

It doesn't really matter, but I put big money on Chicago once Peterman was announced as the starter. Only 10 points? Peterman will create that many points for Chicago by himself.

Archived