2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What exactly happened with him? IIRC there wasn’t any film or photos of the injury, and all anyone said about it was it was gross and they couldn’t look at it. 

He was just dropping back in practice, no contact, planted his leg and knee basically exploded.

I love that kid... I think all Viking fans did. From all indications, just a really great person.  I wish him the best.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2018 at 11:35 AM, GFB said:

Adapt or die.

Long-term, it's better for the NFL to call the penalty too much and get every player to be actively conscious of their tackling form than to rarely call the penalty and have hits that get away with it or not really change anything.

(I'm not saying the hit above is a penalty; it's preseason and it means nothing... I'm talking about all the people who are whining about how often the penalty is being called this preseason).

The NFL can definitely make the game safer without these idiotic rules changes. What some don't understand is the fact this bad rule can easily be called on good tackling form. There has been this mistaken notion the NFL has become more violent in recent years, and that's factually incorrect. What's changed is the exploding media coverage of any serious injury, and the hand-wring has been over the top.When you start diluting the product, fans will start staying away in droves. Even veteran TV announcers are sensationalizing injuries today, it really changed last season. 

This helmet-lowering rule will be an absolute disaster in the regular season, just mark my words.

3 hours ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

It's football, folks. And Bridgewater was aware this could happen at the high school level.

Wow way to show no remorse for a guy who could have potentially lost his leg during a normal drop back that he’s done god knows how many times before. I guess you don’t feel bad when a soldier loses a life because “they were aware this could happen”

6 hours ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

It's football, folks. And Bridgewater was aware this could happen at the high school level.

What character value is taught by losing a limb?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 hours ago, dont care said:

Wow way to show no remorse for a guy who could have potentially lost his leg during a normal drop back that he’s done god knows how many times before. I guess you don’t feel bad when a soldier loses a life because “they were aware this could happen”

Of course, I have remorse, but this situation has happened many times. And let's not compare losing a life as a soldier to a severe knee injury.

Could you please not bring that discussion into this thread so it devolves into being all about you?  You’re don’t nothing but making the same points you did in the other thread that ended up being shut down. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I watched a bit of the Eagles-Browns game last night.  It looks like the Nick Foles pact with the devil may have expired some time after February.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I watched a bit of the Eagles-Browns game last night.  It looks like the Nick Foles pact with the devil may have expired some time after February.

He’s terrible and always will be.  He’s accomplished absolutely nothing in the past 6 months and look where we are.  The Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles should have traded him while his stock was high. Instead, Nick Foles has turned into Nick Foles.  

Looks like Nate Sudfeld will be the Super Bowl LIII MVP for the reigning, defending, Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

He’s terrible and always will be.  He’s accomplished absolutely nothing in the past 6 months and look where we are.  The Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles should have traded him while his stock was high. Instead, Nick Foles has turned into Nick Foles.  

Looks like Nate Sudfeld will be the Super Bowl LIII MVP for the reigning, defending, Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles. 

To be fair, the Browns looked pretty good on defense last night, even if they looked like they were trying to play rugby with helmets on offense. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That makes sense. The third episode of Hard Knocks was pretty boring, so it stands to reason their third preseason game would be a snoozer.

The Browns' offensive line coach is a big fat guy who wears grossly stained polo shirts and can barely walk. And he drives a Maserati. Just for the record.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Miles Garrett is really good.

And there were a few Gregg Williams tricks they executed well last night. (Baldinger is a really good Twitter follow/watch, too. And remember, you don't need to join Twitter to see/watch what folks post, but you need to join to reply). Baldinger

^ I'm taking in a little bit of that game myself over here and...how does Matt Cassel keep finding work??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

He had two 10-win seasons in his first three years of actual playing time. His overall record as a starter is just 36-45, his TD/INT ratio is 5:4. He went 1-6 with the mess of the 2015 Cowboys after he was cut by BUF.

Apparently, OC's really trust him.

Heck, Doug Pederson stuck around for14 seasons doing much less and Chase Daniel is in season 9 only throwing 78 passes but earned

$28 million thru this year and is The Master of getting millions for not playing. He'll make at least $3M next year even if cut because he knows the Matt Nagy offense.

The formula is to backup a HOFer on a great team, so when you get in, you look great no matter what.

Who was the goober that was Favre's backup and got millions after throwing like 10 passes in his life?  That's also how Pederson caught on, Cassel, Garrapolo, Brunell, and others.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The formula is to backup a HOFer on a great team, so when you get in, you look great no matter what.

Who was the goober that was Favre's backup and got millions after throwing like 10 passes in his life?  That's also how Pederson caught on, Cassel, Garrapolo, Brunell, and others.

Pederson was a backup for seven Favre seasons.

https://www.josic.com/brett-favres-backups-through-the-years

Brunell, Hasselbeck and Rodgers would say they weren't space themselves in leading teams to the Super Bowl.

Archived