2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Azteca Stadium turf as of Monday.

aY0PHhP.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-rams-chiefs-mexico-city-20181113-story.html

If the game were to be moved, it would come back to the Coliseum, because the Rams are the home team. Both the Rams and Chiefs have their bye week after the Mexico City game, so it’s conceivable that the contest could be played a week later to accommodate logistical requirements such as ticket sales. However, it’s unclear how it being a Monday night game would complicate that flexibility.

Game planners were already scheduled to meet Tuesday in Mexico City, and the field condition may be the most pressing topic. There almost certainly will be a decision within the next 48 hours about how to proceed.

The NFL has contingency plans in the event games need to be moved. One of those contingencies is that the home team of an international series game also has to have its home stadium available in the event a game has to be relocated.

It is possible to re-sod a field quickly. In 2014, the Rose Bowl replaced a field in five days, between the Rose Bowl Game and the BCS Championship Game. That was a field-on-top-of-field situation, and the bottom field was in far better condition than the muddy remains in Mexico City. Also, that field-replacement plan was in place well in advance of the re-sodding, whereas this would be an emergency replacement.

4 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Woof thats bad....wonder if they can get an artificial surface down there stat!  Cowboys have a blank field for non-Cowboys games right?

AT&T Stadium has three artificial surfaces: Cowboys, College, and soccer.  However, laying down plywood on an already uneven, damp surface then a turf over it would be something which the NFLPA would not accept either.  

The double whammy is the air quality of Los Angeles if the game is moved to the Coliseum.  Since both have their BYE and won't play again until December 2, they could play in Los Angeles on November 25 but it would be less than 24 hours after Notre Dame@USC. 

On 11/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, McCarthy said:

Almost certain this will not get flexed because the Bengals are going to lose 5 of the next 7 and the last game will not matter. 

Groupchat with a couple friends and we all agreed that this was preferable to the scenario where that game at Pittsburgh in Week 17 matters.

Here's why: IF that game matters then there's a 100% chance the matchup with the Steelers in Pittsburgh in the wildcard the following week is set in stone which means they'd have to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh in back to back weeks, which will never happen. A. because the world sucks, B. bad stuff keeps happening, and C. good things only happen to bad people (I'm talking about human turd Ben Roethlsiberger, obviously). This scenario of Week 17 at Pittsburgh mattering presents two more very likely realities - Either they lose the game due to a bunch of unflagged Steelers cheap shots and injuries due to said cheap shots and miss the playoffs OR they somehow miraculously win week 17, but the Steelers take out all the starters with unflagged cheap shots, which means they get destroyed in the playoffs the next week when someone named Jeff Driskel has to throw passes to someone named Cody Core.

Oh, and in the very unlikely event they somehow have the division won before week 17 (LOL) they'll lose in their first playoff game because of a bunch of injuries inflicted by unflagged Steelers cheap shots in week 17. 

Marvin Lewis is now both the head coach and the defensive coordinator and Hue Jackson is back. I think I'd rather they'd just lose the next 8 games and move the team to Missoula, Montana so I can stop caring. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

47 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Marvin Lewis is now both the head coach and the defensive coordinator and Hue Jackson is back. I think I'd rather they'd just lose the next 8 games and move the team to Missoula, Montana so I can stop caring. 

I'm sorry, what?

Wow. The Bengals really are more of a clown circus than the Browns, just without the abject sucking.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I'm sorry, what?

Wow. The Bengals really are more of a clown circus than the Browns, just without the abject sucking.

AND IT GETS BETTER. His new title is Special Assistant to the Head Coach. He's Dwight Schrute. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

AND IT GETS BETTER. His new title is Special Assistant to the Head Coach. He's Dwight Schrute. 

"Bengals. Baker. Battlestar Galactica."

"MARVIN!"

51 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

"Bengals. Baker. Battlestar Galactica."

"MARVIN!"

Marvin: What is the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?

Hue: Winning is overrated. Changed my life. 

Hue (to camera): Whenever I am about to do something, I ask myself, ‘Would a winner do that?’ And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

He pays everything with his "Jackson Bucks" and eats beets as a daily meal.  No word on if he had has a best friend named Mose. 

5 hours ago, dfwabel said:

AT&T Stadium has three artificial surfaces: Cowboys, College, and soccer.  However, laying down plywood on an already uneven, damp surface then a turf over it would be something which the NFLPA would not accept either.  

The double whammy is the air quality of Los Angeles if the game is moved to the Coliseum.  Since both have their BYE and won't play again until December 2, they could play in Los Angeles on November 25 but it would be less than 24 hours after Notre Dame@USC. 

Unfortunately, the Coliseum's field conditions, at times during this football season haven't been much better either.  They've re-sodded the field at least a couple of times this season, and it's been usually around those weekends they've hosted back-to-back USC and Rams games.

The Coliseum's web site is selling tickets for the Chiefs-Rams game, but neither the Rams' nor Ticketmaster have yet updated the location for the game.

34 minutes ago, MadmanLA said:

Unfortunately, the Coliseum's field conditions, at times during this football season haven't been much better either.  They've re-sodded the field at least a couple of times this season, and it's been usually around those weekends they've hosted back-to-back USC and Rams games.

The Coliseum's web site is selling tickets for the Chiefs-Rams game, but neither the Rams' nor Ticketmaster have yet updated the location for the game.

I just checked USC's Academic Calendar and they're in session on Monday. At least some faculty and students won't be on campus, so I guess they might as well play...if the Air Quality is within range.

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Marvin Lewis has to have some dirt on Mike Brown. Like an embarassing pic of him drink at the teams' Christmas Party or something.

And I thought Jerry and Jason was bad...

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Marvin Lewis has to have some dirt on Mike Brown. Like an embarassing pic of him drink at the teams' Christmas Party or something.

And I thought Jerry and Jason was bad...

I always viewed it as them being buddy-buddy, and that according to Brown, Marvin is "such a good friend... I would hate to have him go".

Rams games being moved all over the place.

Rams at Bears on Dec. 9 (Week 14) has been flexed into Sunday Night Football. This will be the Rams' first Sunday Night Football game since 2010 Week 17, when the 7-8 St. Louis Rams faced the 6-9 Seahawks and the Seahawks won the NFC West at 7-9.

Rams' Week 7 game at San Francisco was flexed out of SNF for Bengals-Chiefs.

Archived