2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Potentially hot take:

Lamar Jackson deserves none of the praise he’s getting for being the reason for the Ravens winning the last three games. 

Before you murder me, just look at his stats. 

39/65

453 yards

1 td

3 interceptions 

That’s a passer rating of 67.2. 

Granted, he’s run the ball great, but if he wants to be a quarterback, those passing stats need to improve. An NFL quarterback can’t last running more than he passes. That said, I hope he improves his passing. I like the guy and think he has potential to be great, all I’m saying is what he’s done the last three games isn’t great like people are saying, hell, most quarterbacks put up those stats and everyone wants them benched. I’m not saying Lamar Jackson won’t be good, I’m just saying he’s not good right now. And that’s fine, he’s young, he’s got time, and I’m sure he’ll improve. But people want him to replace Flacco now and I believe that’s a mistake. He’s not ready to start full time and won’t be until he improves as a passer. Give him another year on the bench. Don’t rush him and stunt his growth

Is he a good passer right now? No. He missed tons of open receivers. He turns the ball over too much. He has flaws. But his talents and strengths have opened up so much for this Ravens team, so he deserves some credit. The run game has improved exponentially, meaning more TOP and a fresher defense. Does he deserve all the credit? Heck no. Does he deserve some credit? Absolutely. 

In addition, what better option do the Ravens have? Flacco hasn’t played, and virtually practiced, in over a month. RGIII isn’t ready to start yet. Lamar’s a project, everyone knew it. Give it time, his throwing should improve but for now he’s won 3 in a row. You gotta ride this out, at least for now. 

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing I got buzzed last night, needed it after that sheer debacle of a game. December football my ass, Steelers.

At this point we'll be fortunate to hang onto the division. Luckily the Ravens play the Chiefs and Chargers on the road (well, I guess only the Chiefs), and I think those two losses will put them at 9-7 while the Steelers will go 9-6-1, cause they sure as hell aren't beating NE or NO with how they're playing right now.

NSFCvyu.png

5 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Good thing I got buzzed last night, needed it after that sheer debacle of a game. December football my ass, Steelers.

At this point we'll be fortunate to hang onto the division. Luckily the Ravens play the Chiefs and Chargers on the road (well, I guess only the Chiefs), and I think those two losses will put them at 9-7 while the Steelers will go 9-6-1, cause they sure as hell aren't beating NE or NO with how they're playing right now.

Yeah, I pegged this as the year Pittsburgh finally triumphs over their long hated rivals. That's looking a little more unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Yeah, I pegged this as the year Pittsburgh finally triumphs over their long hated rivals. That's looking a little more unrealistic.

Yeah, they'll go to the playoffs and get trounced and trolled by the Chargers again while Keenan Allen makes jokes about being defended by LBs...again.

And Steelers/Pats isn't a rivalry. They are to the Pats what the Bengals are to the Steelers.

NSFCvyu.png

Allen's a legit good receiver, but he benefits from playing with Rivers due to the chemistry they have together. They've been playing together since 2012, so they know combinations, coverages, etc. better than any other QB/WR duo in the league not named Ben/AB.

NSFCvyu.png

17 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I just don’t buy it with this Pats roster. Like, they can only get so far with coaching and discipline.

At some point, the talent gap has to account.

Kareem Hunt is being disappeared from Madden 2019. Not sure how I feel about that.

On the one hand, actions have consequences. On the other, consumers probably should have the right to determine how they want to deal with those consequences in a video game setting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Kareem Hunt is being disappeared from Madden 2019. Not sure how I feel about that.

On the one hand, actions have consequences. On the other, consumers probably should have the right to determine how they want to deal with those consequences in a video game setting.

I also think EA gets to have a say on who gets to be in their game. If they don’t want Hunt in the game because they think it reflects on them or the league poorly, I think it’s a fair decision. If somebody really wants to have Hunt in the game they can always edit the roster to put him in. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

1.  Is he still part of the NFLPA while not in the league?  Doesn't that have a factor in it?

2.  Could also be that parents voiced concerns that they didn't want their kids playing as him, and EA bowed to that?  It does seem like an extreme step to take, but it probably requires a few keyboard clicks for their developers to do so in 2018, vs a total game re-write way back in the day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Other then the 99 yard run where he basically made a mockery out of that defense, I don't think he was that great.

So he still had 139 and 3 TD if you take that away. 🤫

I know, right? So nice of a/ Matt LaFleur to remember that he does have a 6'3" 245-lb running back on the team (how much longer is still up for debate); and b/ Derrick Henry to remember he is in fact 6'3" 245 lbs and run like it! That's more of what "exotic smashmouth" really should've been last season, except...anyway, that Jaguars team is butt right now, and Derrick Henry definitely did his thing out there. 

Now the Snatit get a 10-day break before heading up to NYG. That oughta be interesting...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

FYI...

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder is getting help from District officials, congressional Republicans and the Trump administration as he tries to clear a major roadblock to building a new, 60,000-seat stadium on the site of RFK Stadium.

Nearly three years after the Redskins unveiled futuristic designs for their next football stadium, the team has been working in concert with local and federal officials to insert a stadium provision into the massive spending bill that the Republican-controlled Congress is rushing to complete this month, according to four people familiar with the effort but not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The provision could pave the way for the NFL stadium and other commercial development on the 190-acre site that was the setting of the team’s greatest triumphs. By tucking it into a complex spending bill, the team and local officials could sidestep some public debate over whether other uses for the coveted parcel of land would benefit a broader swath of D.C. residents.

Developing the RFK site, which is on federally owned land along the Anacostia River, is politically fraught. The city controls the land only through 2038 under a National Park Service lease that states the land must be used for “stadium purposes” or “recreational facilities, open space, or public outdoor recreation opportunities” only, precluding commercial development.

According to one congressional official and a D.C. official, the language under consideration would extend the existing lease for 99 years and remove the recreation-only language, thus opening the site to other, commercial development.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/redskins-dc-working-with-congress-to-slip-stadium-provision-into-spending-bill/2018/12/07/bfb40de8-fa3d-11e8-8c9a-860ce2a8148f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b843cb74293d

Archived