MilSox

This is a very rough sketch of a project I hope to complete over the weekend. It started as my proposal for the new USL D3 club slated to start play in Madison, but they obviously wanted a Madison-centric identity. So I tweaked it to make it a bit more focused on Milwaukee, but in such a way that people throughout the state could support the club with pride.

The badge draws from both the Milwaukee city and Wisconsin state flags. I plan to experiment with a few different color combos, but will lean heavily towards blue, gold, and possibly powder blue and/or white.

The badge features two barley sprigs arranged in a laurel wreath; a nod to the region's most famous adult beverage which is enjoyed by many a soccer fan. 

The 1848 has a dual meaning. It is the year Wisconsin joined the union and the year Milwaukee saw its first significant wave of immigrants, the Forty-Eighters from Bavaria. The Forty-Eighters were imstrumental in shaping Milwaukee's early sporting culture, of which remants can still be found throughout the city (Most famously, the "discus man" logo outside Turner Hall in Downtown MKE).

20180717_222539.jpg

That's pretty good for a rough sketch. The symbolism is there, and the design is solid. My only change would be to have more text in the gear, since the bottom looks empty to me. Maybe have the FOOTBALL CLUB part at the top and the WISCONSIN at the bottom. Other than that, this is great.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

May I suggest you rise the WFC and wreath upwards a little to fit the 1848 under it at the bottom, I've never liked the date or year separated like that.

Other than that I like it, and it could be a great logo well done.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1 hour ago, tigers said:

May I suggest you rise the WFC and wreath upwards a little to fit the 1848 under it at the bottom, I've never liked the date or year separated like that.

Other than that I like it, and it could be a great logo well done.

Thanks. After the fact, I did think of moving the 1848 to the bottom of the gear, which would make the center less cluttered and address the issue @NoE38 had.

Archived