Popmart

Soda/Pop/Branding Discussion & News Thread

46 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

While not branding, I got to say Mountain Dew Zero Sugar is awesome and its really hard to go back to diet mountain dew afterwards (Where I work they only got diet in the vending machine).

It's a shame Pepsi isn't flat out replacing Diet Mountain Dew with Zero Sugar, since that means fountains and stores will still have mostly diet.

If I had to guess, it would probably roll out in a wider reach pretty soon. The school that I attend has a deal with Pepsi, and two of the Soda Vending Machines already have Mountain Dew Zero Sugar in them.

9 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

If I had to guess, it would probably roll out in a wider reach pretty soon. The school that I attend has a deal with Pepsi, and two of the Soda Vending Machines already have Mountain Dew Zero Sugar in them.

Nice, that's a good sign. Can't wait to see 2 liters of it.

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

While not branding, I got to say Mountain Dew Zero Sugar is awesome and its really hard to go back to diet mountain dew afterwards (Where I work they only got diet in the vending machine).

It's a shame Pepsi isn't flat out replacing Diet Mountain Dew with Zero Sugar, since that means fountains and stores will still have mostly diet.

MD Zero Sugar is good, but I find it has a lighter mouth feel than Diet MD. Think like drinking a Bud vs Drinking a Michelob Ultra. Diet Dew is more syrupy.  I think one of the things they did to make it Zero Sugar was take the OJ out of it. So I can see both existing, I just hope Zero Sugar gets popular enough for them to roll out Zero Sugar flavors of the other Dews that always come out, or at least Code Red Zero Sugar. 

23 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

MD Zero Sugar is good, but I find it has a lighter mouth feel than Diet MD. Think like drinking a Bud vs Drinking a Michelob Ultra. Diet Dew is more syrupy.  I think one of the things they did to make it Zero Sugar was take the OJ out of it. So I can see both existing, I just hope Zero Sugar gets popular enough for them to roll out Zero Sugar flavors of the other Dews that always come out, or at least Code Red Zero Sugar. 

It reminds me a little of surge or that old mountain dew mdx they had in the 2000s

On 2/5/2020 at 6:36 AM, kmccarthy27 said:

Diet MD actually has calories in it so I can see Zero taking off and getting replaced as places with limited options. 

6 hours ago, poser said:

Diet MD actually has calories in it so I can see Zero taking off and getting replaced as places with limited options. 

It has calories because there is OJ in it. 

I tried MD Zero in Newport Beach,  CA this past week. I prefer Diet Dew over it. I thought Zero tasted too sweet.

FWIW - I haven't seen MD Zero back here in Wisconsin yet.