Ducks Go Mighty Retro for New Third Jersey

16kid

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

If they just switch the black to eggplant, it would be a classic. rtefwr4tgrevdwe2r4e.jpg

If they did that, then they just should have brought back the original, especially since it's only a 1 year deal.

7 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

If they just switch the black to eggplant, it would be a classic. rtefwr4tgrevdwe2r4e.jpg

The eggplant stripes between the white & silver should be black, if you're going for a color swap, as well as part of the collar.

Although it's a stunningly beautiful take on their original jersey, I agree they shoulda made it purple not black.

The Ducks jersey - what a goddamned mess. The webbed foot looks completely out of place on the shoulders; it actually looks like what a minor league team would do to show their affiliation with the parent club.

The bottom had so much potential, but the top is a complete disappointment. This jersey is a girl with a great body and a horrific face.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, ebod39 said:

Those are the current H&A name and number set. 

Oh wow, they are. I know teams don’t just use the exact same relative dimensions between the back and TV numbers, but the Ducks’ TV numbers are just jarring in how bulky they look.

I honestly don’t know what to think about the jersey. They did too much of an effort and yet seems like they didn’t make enough of an effort. Using every single colour in Ducks history is interesting too.

It also appears this is just a 25th anniversary jersey as the Ducks are only using it for this season.

IbjBaeE.png

I like the idea but the execution is lacking.  I think swapping the black body for eggplant, using the same number font throughout the jersey, and changing the wrist striping would have gone a long way in helping the final design.

13 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I like the idea but the execution is lacking.  I think swapping the black body for eggplant, using the same number font throughout the jersey, and changing the wrist striping would have gone a long way in helping the final design.

That is the correct number font. The Ducks' sleeve numbers are different from their back numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived