Blue Jackets Bringing Back The Cannons In 2019

Blue Jackets Bringing Back The Cannons In 2019

July 23, 2018 - 21:46 PM

The Columbus Blue Jackets will bring back the cannons when they lace them up this season. According to a 2018-19 Blue Jackets corporate branding guide, Ohio’s only active NHL team will be wearing their previous third uniform (worn initially from […]

Read More...

Never, ever understood the admiration these jerseys get. I think they're clunky and the use of vintage white is played out and contradicts their relatively strong primary identity.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I love the crest.  But the uniforms could stand to be reworked a bit.  I like that they're trying to mimic the Union soldiers' double blue, but it could stand to be executed a bit better.   Perhaps start by using the lighter blue for the breezers, akin it was worn during the war?

I liked this for the first few years, when the roundel, vintage white and double blue trends were all en vogue. It was a really nice, short-term alternate look. I just think it's aged awfully, and they should've taken this chance to fix the problems (dump vintage white, move to navy and red).

6fQjS3M.png

Glad they fixed the font, which made the old numbers look like masking tape. Not a fan of "vintage white," but I think it works better here than just about anywhere else it's been shoehorned in league-wide. I'll probably sucker myself into buying one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

16 hours ago, C-Squared said:

My problem with this uni is that the primary crest is shoulder patch material... not strong enough to carry the jersey, IMO

IMO CBJ has never had a strong crest in any of their uniforms.  The cannon crest is kinda bleh but the jersey wouldn't look any better with their overdesigned flag-star mess featured instead.

The vintage white needed to go though, FFS I thought we finally got rid of that stupid trend.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, PittsburghSucks said:

Except the Blue Jackets 3rd jersey debuted in 2010 when the Jets were still the Atlanta Thrashers so...

Except the Jets use that look as their primary and the Blue Jackets only use it once in a while, making it irrelevant who wore it first.

18 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Glad they fixed the font, which made the old numbers look like masking tape. Not a fan of "vintage white," but I think it works better here than just about anywhere else it's been shoehorned in league-wide. I'll probably sucker myself into buying one.

I really liked the masking tape numbers, not gonna lie.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This uniform was already really pretty, and it's even better with the new number font.

The cannon logo is a wonderful primary; better than the sloppy-looking current logo. The double blue + cream color scheme is way more fun than the boring navy blue + red, and it's perfect for the name.

Make this the primary please!

22 hours ago, vtgco said:

This uniform was already really pretty, and it's even better with the new number font.

The cannon logo is a wonderful primary; better than the sloppy-looking current logo. The double blue + cream color scheme is way more fun than the boring navy blue + red, and it's perfect for the name.

Make this the primary please!

It's really not a primary logo though. It's much more fitting in the category of secondary logos.

13 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

The cannon logo with red is definitely primary quality. 

What red?

Archived