College Hockey Uniforms 2018-19

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually started an NCAA ice hockey thread here to showcase ASU’s new helmets at the beginning of the year but it never really caught on so it is funny seeing another started with ASU again. I’ve gotten to see some options of these jerseys in the early stages, a lot of hit and miss. I hope they made a good choice.

8 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I actually started an NCAA ice hockey thread here to showcase ASU’s new helmets at the beginning of the year but it never really caught on so it is funny seeing another started with ASU again. I’ve gotten to see some options of these jerseys in the early stages, a lot of hit and miss. I hope they made a good choice.

Really? I looked all over for one but couldn't find it. Do you work for ASU? Can you give and detail on what the early stages looked like?

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

10 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Really? I looked all over for one but couldn't find it. Do you work for ASU? Can you give and detail on what the early stages looked like?

So I use to work at their rink and play on the club team so anything I was able to see was not meant to see and was for very very brief period of time. It looked like the new nhl adidas cut from afar, which would make sense to incorporate considering adidas and all but some of what I saw looked like a gray could be considered for some type of jersey, which makes zero sense to me. Being an alum I want maroon more than anything, I am so tired of black, and luckily there were some maroon designs on there as well. Other than that I can’t really give that much, I’m sorry. I’m just happy that there is no signs of an NHL team’s template to be ripped off, its a blackhawks look right now.

6 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

D1

Wow. That's awesome! Glad to see college hockey growing

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

2 minutes ago, logodawg said:

Yes. Its big for college hockey to have a sun belt presence. Get more people involved. Alabama Huntsville has a D1 team as well I believe. Hopefully within the next few years the game continues to expand in the south.

29 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Yes. Its big for college hockey to have a sun belt presence. Get more people involved. Alabama Huntsville has a D1 team as well I believe. Hopefully within the next few years the game continues to expand in the south.

Alabama-Huntsville has been D1 for a LONG time.  They played my powerhouse school back in about 1988-1990.  

2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Alabama-Huntsville has been D1 for a LONG time.  They played my powerhouse school back in about 1988-1990.  

The best alum that immediately comes to mind from Alabama-Huntsville is Cam Talbot. Surprising, but they've been pretty decent for a while as you said. 

3 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

So I use to work at their rink and play on the club team so anything I was able to see was not meant to see and was for very very brief period of time. It looked like the new nhl adidas cut from afar, which would make sense to incorporate considering adidas and all but some of what I saw looked like a gray could be considered for some type of jersey, which makes zero sense to me. Being an alum I want maroon more than anything, I am so tired of black, and luckily there were some maroon designs on there as well. Other than that I can’t really give that much, I’m sorry. I’m just happy that there is no signs of an NHL team’s template to be ripped off, its a blackhawks look right now.

Also an alum, and as much as I dislike the black and the fork being the primary, I really liked the set. I would've preferred a maroon jersey over black, as I'm sure you would've as well, but I thought the white set was pretty good. 

Surprisingly, UNLV looks like they are holding on to the tail end of the Knight’s success and their club program has absolutely shot up out of nowhere in the last couple years. They are my best bet for the next western team to gain a legitimate program. You say Sun Belt teams should expand, well I think a PAC 12 of hockey is in the future. Also, all I want is sparky back. The club jerseys outrank the ncaa jerseys by far in personal opinion.

5 hours ago, logodawg said:

NCAA hockey needs an Illinois presence. The state ranks 6th in youth hockey participation and 4th in players on NCAA D1 men’s rosters and yet there is no local team for Illinois kids to play for. It seems to me there’s a first mover advantage to be had here, so if UIUC can’t figure out a way to start an NCAA program, maybe UIC or NIU should consider trying to beat the Illini to the punch. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

28 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

NCAA hockey needs an Illinois presence. The state ranks 6th in youth hockey participation and 4th in players on NCAA D1 men’s rosters and yet there is no local team for Illinois kids to play for. It seems to me there’s a first mover advantage to be had here, so if UIUC can’t figure out a way to start an NCAA program, maybe UIC or NIU should consider trying to beat the Illini to the punch. 

The Illini are hoping to join D1 in 2020 but there's a lot of work ahead of them. I wonder if UIC would bring their program back.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:04 AM, Bmac said:

The Illini are hoping to join D1 in 2020 but there's a lot of work ahead of them. I wonder if UIC would bring their program back.

That's right, I completely forgot that UIC actually had a D1 team--for how much hockey has grown in popularity in the Chicago area, I would think UIC ice hockey would be a revenue sport, especially if they price tickets right. I assume that the UIC Pavilion is still able to host ice hockey since the early 00s renovation.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

These look great in person...not the biggest fan of use of our grey, but glad Sun Devil Bold is back for numbers (and Captain patch).

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Just now, AJM said:

Ew. EXCLUSIVE GREY ELEMENTS. Why.

Also, nice job running with the template of the pro hockey team on the other side of town.

Guess I should try to go about buying last year's sweaters.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived