One tweak you’d make to a uniform you already like

ldconcepts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSU- eliminate the "gap" on the pants stripe between the white and purple (which is filled in with yellow) so that it perfectly mimics the purple-white-purple helmet stripe.

Other than that little item, the gold-white-gold uni is PERFECT and the gold-purple-gold is a good occasional alternate:

spkm.42118.LSU_.Spring.Game-13-X2_yd55dg

It is what it is.

22 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

LSU- eliminate the "gap" on the pants stripe between the white and purple (which is filled in with yellow) so that it perfectly mimics the purple-white-purple helmet stripe.

Other than that little item, the gold-white-gold uni is PERFECT and the gold-purple-gold is a good occasional alternate:

That would be a great change since it's hard to even read the pattern correctly given the lack of yellow/white/yellow contrast.  It's kinda senseless that the pants stripes are that way, given the helmet and shoulder stripes.  I guess I never really realized this.  

This would also have been a great example in the "small details that really bother you" thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 7/31/2018 at 9:20 AM, Johnny Ryall said:

Wow I never even noticed they switched from yellow to white numbers during the Adidas move over. I wonder why they would swap the colors? If it isn't broken why fix it.

They did it for legibility of the numbers, I believe.  But, they made no other changes to the jerseys and it really throws off the color balance of the set.  I prefer the yellow numbers, but am okay with white, but they need to make white the proper tertiary color and yellow only an accent color.  Now, yellow and white fight with navy for secondary color dominance.  Kind of a mess.  There was a hierarchy before.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, OnWis97 said:
  • Blue Jays: No white-panel hats.
  • Blues: Remove the blue stripe between the yellow and white stripes on the hem (to match the stripes on the yoke)
  • Wild green jersey: add red outline to sleeve numbers so they match the back number
  • Angels: Remove one (or both, but at least one) sleeve patch

Jays need white panel caps at home.  They should never even have stopped using them back in 1993.

banners

That's annoyed me about LSU's pants for a while...why is the gap there?  Why?  Just wound up this way at some point and whoever the coach was was like 'eff it'?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Probably an unpopular opinion that I even like them (and I really like them), but I’d put a navy and gold barrelman on the sleeves of the Brewers’ home and road instead of the current sleeve logos and call it a day.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Word to the mothership for the picture below, but I am loving the Flames' adidas Home jersey, except that the yellow and white strips in the lower middle should be removed. Here's how IMO the jersey should look like. Compare the picture below to this.

EMbkXyf.jpg

I also don't like the flags, but the topic asks for what ONE tweak you think should be done on the uniform you like. And IMO, those stripes in the middle should what be paid more attention. Besides, while I despise those flags, it has grown on me. 

On 7/26/2018 at 6:33 PM, greyraven8 said:

Instead of this:
0707-spt-als-game1.jpg?quality=80&strip=

Montreal Alouettes should have gone with below for the helmet logo.  Having the blue eye would be an upgrade for me.  Stripes would be great also but that would likely qualify as more than a small tweak.

img_5858.jpg

(HailGoldPants posted this image on another thread)

The originals had a contrasting coloured eye; why they didn't do the same with the current incarnation I'll never know.

RSCN9307.JPG

Looks like someone had this idea long ago (image from Library and Archives Canada, 1973 editorial cartoon of George Springate):

http://collectionscanada.gc.ca/ourl/res.php?url_ver=Z39.88-2004&url_tim=2018-08-05T02%3A30%3A02Z&url_ctx_fmt=info%3Aofi%2Ffmt%3Akev%3Amtx%3Actx&rft_dat=2918123&rfr_id=info%3Asid%2Fcollectionscanada.gc.ca%3Apam&lang=eng

e010958450-v8.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 7/26/2018 at 5:33 PM, greyraven8 said:

(HailGoldPants posted this image on another thread)

The originals had a contrasting coloured eye; why they didn't do the same with the current incarnation I'll never know.

RSCN9307.JPG

In some ways this resembles a Miami uniform from years ago (both Dolphins and Hurricanes).

Honestly, not trying to start a debate on the ethics of Washington’s name, but I would really like the Redskins to change to something like the “Redtails” and more or less keep their beautiful color scheme/current unis. Here’s a concept I found:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ80WCdCxBJRYv1N9imP8_

Is that more than just a tweak? Haha

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Pretty sure the NY Jets would take issue with any other team in the league introducing an airplane/jet logo. Are there any sort of helicopters with Red in it's name? lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

31 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Pretty sure the NY Jets would take issue with any other team in the league introducing an airplane/jet logo. Are there any sort of helicopters with Red in it's name? lol

That's like saying the Jaguars have an issue with the Panthers. Redtails would work fine in the event of a change.

Red tails could conceivably work as a helicopter. I could see it! 

But the fighter plane is infinitely cooler and this designer even included a nod to the Redskins name with the arrow. I agree with DNAsports that it should be just fine - especially cause the Jets have strayed away from any real Jet imagery in their identity of late.

22 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

Honestly, not trying to start a debate on the ethics of Washington’s name, but I would really like the Redskins to change to something like the “Redtails” and more or less keep their beautiful color scheme/current unis. Here’s a concept I found:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ80WCdCxBJRYv1N9imP8_

Is that more than just a tweak? Haha

I love the idea of a "Redtails" identity. Have to go with a depiction of a Tuskegee airman's plane if you do that, which that concept does well.

The one area where I think this concept fails is the use of a roundel with text on it. This would make an incredible logo in baseball, and a very good one in basketball as well. But there's a reason you virtually never see that format in football - it doesn't translate to a helmet at all. The text would be completely lost.

But the plane itself is great and can probably stand alone as a football logo. But the roundel needs to go - it doesn't work in football.

Archived