One tweak you’d make to a uniform you already like

ldconcepts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Black bordering on the Dallas Stars' font.

2. The Canadiens going back to a lighter shade of red. The dark shade they've had since leaving the Forum just doesn't mesh well with royal blue. 

3. The Islanders using the striping template from their Cup Dynasty years.

• Blue Jays: No white-panel hats.
  • Blues: Remove the blue stripe between the yellow and white stripes on the hem (to match the stripes on the yoke)
  • Wild green jersey: add red outline to sleeve numbers so they match the back number
  • Angels: Remove one (or both, but at least one) sleeve patch

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Remove the "WCF" stripe from these, since the vertical stripe and text in the middle of a horizontal stripe looks awkward:

5997565bf1a85077738b549c-750-563.jpg

Use gray-over-white socks with these:

matthew-staffordjpg-c7f4aca2a17d077c.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

With the Leafs, I’d thicken the sleeve stripes to match the hem stripe in thickness. Ditto for the socks. Would make their new look make more sense than that combining of eras thing they are trying to do. 

Edit: looks like this was mentioned already. 

I’ll add hem stripes to the Sharks and Devils. The Kings’ home jersey doesn’t need them as bad but those other two teams: why do you not have hem stripes?

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

White road socks with stripes that match the jersey;

full_image.jpeg

(BTW, I could copy and paste this comment for about a dozen other teams.)

Change black facemasks to either purple or white.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

This one is pretty underrated; Even in 2006, there was no good reason to make it a black facemask, and now that the look is simpler, the black facemask sticks out more than ever.

My list:

Patriots - remove the piping on the jersey

NY Giants - keep the white pants, make the stripes blue-red-blue; if not that, add blue to the road jersey

NY Yankees - make the batterman blue/white/red again

Flames - lose the flags (duh)

Sabres - lose the front number (duh...and then lose the gray)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Make the uniform that the Ngakoue model is wearing the primary.

AR-180417079.jpg

Alternatively, make the numbers on the white jersey teal. Never made sense to me why the teal and black jerseys use different colors for the numbers and stripes yet the white jersey uses black for everything.

fournette.png

bouye.png

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

full_image.jpeg

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

This one is pretty underrated; Even in 2006, there was no good reason to make it a black facemask, and now that the look is simpler, the black facemask sticks out more than ever.

For the record, the facemask wasn't changed to black until 2013... the 2006 to 2012 monstrosity did have a purple facemask. adrian-peterson-vikings-nfl1.jpg

I get why people would complain about the black mask and weird font on the current uniforms... when they first brought them out, I hated those elements. But after seeing a few games, I honestly stopped thinking about them. If they went to a purple mask (that closely matched the helmet), I'd be fine with it I'm sure, but if I'm listing what I feel are problems with the uniform, the road socks are so far ahead of any other flaws it's not even funny. 

And the font?  I'd actually prefer they keep it now.

Archived