NBA Expands to Louisville; Version 2

adam__cain

15 hours ago, adam__cain said:

So here's where I need help. Which one makes more sense for this team?  

5jUy5H9.jpg

I’d say the best thing you’ve got going with this concept so far is the multicolored ball logo, all by itself, without the shield. Having said that, the jersey in the middle.

Really nice set! As mentioned the state in the ball is great! I think adding a white outline to the "KY" in the lower left side of the logo would make that space feel more full and would balance the logo out. The western esq font doesn't work for a military theme. Maybe try a more blocking military front. 

As for the last set of jerseys I would rank them 3, 1, 2... but they're all great.

8 hours ago, GDLions said:

Really nice set! As mentioned the state in the ball is great! I think adding a white outline to the "KY" in the lower left side of the logo would make that space feel more full and would balance the logo out. The western esq font doesn't work for a military theme. Maybe try a more blocking military front. 

As for the last set of jerseys I would rank them 3, 1, 2... but they're all great.

The more I look at this set, it's clear the ball logo is really the star. At first I was going for more of a cavalry theme, but as I move away from the shield logo, and go with the ball, that doesn't really work. Thanks for the input. 

8 hours ago, appleclock said:

I’d say the best thing you’ve got going with this concept so far is the multicolored ball logo, all by itself, without the shield. Having said that, the jersey in the middle.

I think that's the one I like best too. I need to rework this concept around the ball logo and not the shield. 

1 hour ago, adam__cain said:

I think that's the one I like best too. I need to rework this concept around the ball logo and not the shield. 

It’s got a classic, focused look about it.  I agree with maybe a more military font to bring the “trooper” aspect out, but the ball logo is so cool on its own you could name your team just about anything and this would still be a great concept for a Louisville team.  I wouldn’t overthink this one. Sometimes simple and classy is just the way to go.

2 hours ago, appleclock said:

It’s got a classic, focused look about it.  I agree with maybe a more military font to bring the “trooper” aspect out, but the ball logo is so cool on its own you could name your team just about anything and this would still be a great concept for a Louisville team.  I wouldn’t overthink this one. Sometimes simple and classy is just the way to go.

Yeah, I agree. 

Here is version 2. I reworked the lettering on the chest, based off this sign at Fort Knox. (This was not as easy as I thought it would be....)

7mi5CnE.jpg

So here are the jerseys. I will take this font I made and rework the crest as well as the other jerseys.

le0wNac.jpg

On 7/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, adam__cain said:

So here's where I need help. Which one makes more sense for this team?  

5jUy5H9.jpg

For me it is the first or third. I really love how the tones complement eachother and how its enough to seperate themselves from Knicks. I like the simplicity of the third but the first is more different. Great work again!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived