Hornets to Unveil New Uniforms Today

Hornets to Unveil New Uniforms Today

July 25, 2018 - 14:16 PM

The Charlotte Hornets will unveil a new uniform (or uniforms) today. Via a post from @Hornets, the official Charlotte Hornets Twitter account, the team will first unveil the new look on their official mobile app. I’ve taken one for the […]

Read More...

It's a given that one of them will be a throwback, which will be fine, but I'd rather they aim for timeless.  The Hornets could own teal and the 90s aesthetic if they wanted to, but they have to want to first.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Screenshot_20180725-120534.png

Wow.  Those are terrible.

Look how the placement of that stripe makes the 8 less legible.  And the lack of white space in the interior of the H, A, R, and O (coupled with the stripe eating up the white space between the A and R), makes the wordmark a rough blob.

3 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Yeah, LendingTree updated their logo, so the new patch reflects that.

Okay, I wasn't sure if it was a new advertiser. But, I like this patch much better.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, kimball said:

Okay, I wasn't sure if it was a new advertiser. But, I like this patch much better.

Yeah, me too. My biggest gripe was the old one covered the stripe on the throwbacks!

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yawn

Hornets are overrelying on throwbacks. What else ya got? Is this the best you can do? 

854286042-2017-18-washington-wizards-med

Funny you said that..this coming from a guy who's team uniform design is blatantly relying on its retro/throwback look.

giphy.webp

shado_logo.gif

28 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

854286042-2017-18-washington-wizards-med

Funny you said that..this coming from a guy who's team uniform design is blatantly relying on its retro/throwback look.

giphy.webp

I mean maybe you'd have a point if the Wiz kept consistently bringing these out:

mj-bullets-e1331148595798.jpg

But I think we haven't seen those since Bush's first administration. 

90758391980.gif

Archived