New William & Mary Tribe logos

stumpygremlin

Seems they should just pull the trigger and be the William & Mary Griffins already.  The "Tribe" name with the feathers on the "WM" logo at least connected.  This is just disjointed.

VmWIn6B.png

The eagle-griffin thing is whatever, but that W&M emblem is capital.  I'd make love to it after a tasteful dinner and a bottle of expensive wine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The griffin logo would look better without "Tribe" and more wing detail instead.

Kinda sad that the script "Tribe" is out - that's been on helmets for most years since the 80s.  I'm not sure the verticality of the W&M mark will make for a good helmet logo.

I like how they've kept the tradition of the mirrored W though to create the M. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

When I was a kid, this word was spelt "gryphon".  When did it change?

best-of-internet-of-things-2015-10-02.gi

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wow, I'm from Virginia and my alma mater used to be conference mates with W&M, and all I can remember are the Tribe wordmark and the WM with a feather logo.  I never knew they had a griffin mascot.  Seems very weird to me.

Not sure I like how the W is an inverted M. I don’t love it when the point of a W goes all the way to the top like it does. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

When I was a kid, this word was spelt "gryphon".  When did it change?

I think it's always been mixed, and it probably has to do with the Greek origins. When you're borrowing from a language that doesn't use the same alphabet, there's some artistic license involved; you see the same thing with Russian words (you, of all people, probably have experience with this).

Archived