College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

On 3/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, WideRight said:

An evil company that makes evil bathrooms.  Actually, that may also be a subdivision of Wayne Enterprises. 

And they make ham too....eeeeeeevil ham.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.  Not too often something Phoenix does is actually an upgrade, so bravo to em.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Shaw's previous logo was arguably more unique and just an update of that profile swiping claw would have been a good direction to go. The new one is an improvement in some ways, but at least the old was more distinct.

One issue I see with the new logo is the left tail of the italic banner extends way to the left, and when centering, hopefully whoever handles it will know to use the head as a centering point, because as is, the bear's right ear area (our left) is the center.

39 minutes ago, jaha32 said:

Shaw's previous logo was arguably more unique and just an update of that profile swiping claw would have been a good direction to go. The new one is an improvement in some ways, but at least the old was more distinct.

One issue I see with the new logo is the left tail of the italic banner extends way to the left, and when centering, hopefully whoever handles it will know to use the head as a centering point, because as is, the bear's right ear area (our left) is the center.

That was the most polite way to say it’s a total train wreck 😜

• 2 weeks later...

Pitt Returns to Retro Color Scheme, Reveals New Secondary Logo

April 7, 2019 - 21:40 PM

“Respect the past, represent the future.” The Pittsburgh Panthers on Sunday afternoon announced the return of its retro color scheme and introduced a new secondary logo, as well as new uniforms and number font for all 18 athletic programs. Represent […]

Read More...

• Like 3

I'm gonna be Mr. Unpopular here, but I don't like this move. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a gripe with the new look, I just don't see royal and yellow as Pitt. To me they're navy and old gold. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

34 minutes ago, Derek said:

Why can’t Pitt get a panther head right? The previous one had a wonky mouth, this one has a goblin-like quality to it.

This is actually a great design tbh, but it’s weird bc; Pitt and good panther logos, don’t mix

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

I'm gonna be Mr. Unpopular here, but I don't like this move. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a gripe with the new look, I just don't see royal and yellow as Pitt. To me they're navy and old gold. 

I envy your youth.

But you're talking about 80+ years in blue and yellow vs less than 30 in navy and gold, so....

• Like 4