College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

Baylor Athletic Department Unveils United Brand

April 13, 2019 - 17:41 PM

Baylor’s athletic department has lacked color consistency across its 18 sports programs for several years, but the Bears unveiled a new united brand on Saturday during the football team’s pre-Spring Game festivities, which includes new uniforms and a new secondary […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Yeah. What a bunch of crap. United we stand. And then we see grey and volt green for basketball.  What the heck!!

I actually found their green and old Gold and Vegas gold to be stand out colors amongst all the other color Combos out there. This new set also stands out, but ditch the darn volt. You're either United or this is just all marketing crap that I hope others can see through

And other than trim on the arm and neck hole, that jersey is as bare bones as they come. Not sure that I like it. But it does contrast against the craziness that can be college uniforms. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

A's, Packers and Supersonics.  Big deal.  At least they still have a little volt, better than nothing for me.

No this was suppose to “unify” all the looks. One sport wearing volt destroys that notion. Football should have kept old gold if basketball was able to keep volt.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

No this was suppose to “unify” all the looks. One sport wearing volt destroys that notion. Football should have kept old gold if basketball was able to keep volt.

It’s just one alternate, baylor fans would have been more mad if it wasn’t included.

Excellent!

On 4/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, GFB said:

iF0X4yO.jpg

This is GARBAAAAAAAAGE.

In what world is the bottom jaw/teeth of a bear twice the size of the snout/upper teeth?

This new logo is a big downgrade from the previous bear, which could have been pretty great with some simplification. Instead we get this wonky version with a goatee.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Not a fan of the yellow. I liked Baylor's older football uniforms from around 2008. 

bay-08-greengold-mannyflores-vert-620x93

• Like 9

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

11 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Not a fan of the yellow. I liked Baylor's older football uniforms from around 2008. 

bay-08-greengold-mannyflores-vert-620x93

Between them and Colorado State, who else is dark green and gold?

Just like Pitt ditching their gold and navy (of which they may have only shared with Notre Dame and Navy), they are now using more common colors. 

I guess Yellow is 'in'. Looking at wvus yellow set and this one make me a bit sick. Neither should have mono yellow as an option. 

They want to call the new color gold. But as far as I can see, it's school bus yellow. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:37 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Very insightful!

People from Missouri State tend to be.

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Charleston Southern University (Big South Conference) unveiled a new logo today.

New:

1b6ip3hfgg6sul95.jpg

Old:

qfvwnaczhyw8czkr.jpg

The new wordmark is a serious improvement. I don't think the wordmark in the above graphic was "official," and I'm not even sure they actually had one.

The pirate logo itself... yuck. Already looks 10+ years old, like it's from a 2006 Madden Create-a-Team. What the heck is up with his ear? Why does the white outline randomly dip below the wordmark?

The old "block CSU and swords" logo wasn't great (always reminded me of a logo for a private high school), but it was better than this mess.

• Like 2

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png