College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

On 3/5/2019 at 5:50 AM, Earl said:

LMU's website now has the new primary at the top.  At the bottom of the page is a SVG of the new Lion head & LMU combination mark.

It’s part of a phased transition. The athletic teams will be getting new uniforms and the basketball court will be repainted for the next academic year.  

I’ve already received an alumni donation request in the mail with the new logos.

VmWIn6B.png

14 hours ago, MattMill said:

Interesting. Same font. Same embossed lettering with grey glow on the bottom three. Yikes. Do these schools realize they're getting a cookie cutter representation?

That's what Phoenix does. For a while, they used Impact for a lot of things (UMass Lowell, Rhode Island College, Iona, LIU Post, Jacksonville State, Siena, SUNY Poly)

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

15 hours ago, MattMill said:

Interesting. Same font. Same embossed lettering with grey glow on the bottom three. Yikes. Do these schools realize they're getting a cookie cutter representation?

In doing my research, a lot of schools have a lot of common names, logos and colors.  I don't think they even care.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

It's not often a conference shows up on this but the West Coast Conference just unveiled their new brand.  Led by Legend Labs, the conference identifies as the WCC more than the previous brand displayed.  The 2 C's act as arrows pointing left, or West.  I'm unsure of the significance of the W split into 3 sections.  So far, Teal is the only color displayed, more natural to the west coast region than the patriotic red, white, and blue.  I imagine on white background the logo will be in Teal.  Article

spacer.png

Previous Primary
spacer.png

Personally I'm a huge fan of the WCC with the coastline built into the W, shown below, and wish to see that today.  Could say the new brand is built for the future though with the straight edges.
spacer.png

1 hour ago, Earl said:

It's not often a conference shows up on this but the West Coast Conference just unveiled their new brand.  Led by Legend Labs, the conference identifies as the WCC more than the previous brand displayed.  The 2 C's act as arrows pointing left, or West.  I'm unsure of the significance of the W split into 3 sections.  So far, Teal is the only color displayed, more natural to the west coast region than the patriotic red, white, and blue.  I imagine on white background the logo will be in Teal.  Article

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

spacer.png

My first thought. 

Maybe during the next round of expansion they can realign into nWo Wolfpac and nWo Hollywood divisions. 

• Like 3

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

On 3/13/2019 at 10:25 PM, Derek said:

Another conference rebrand.

old:

cc_sun_logo_-official_full.jpg

new:

xcl47jyonojt574x.jpg

Enormous upgrade, despite the logo itself (minus the text) looking more like a logo for an individual school than an entire conference. I had quite a lot of interaction with Conference Carolinas members (taught at one, announced at another DII school that frequently played teams from CC) and always detested that logo.

I can't believe that old pile of garbage lasted 12 years - I remember seeing it here when it was unveiled (2007!) after the conference changed its name from the Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Conference (CVAC).

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png