College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Fighting squirrels is an atrocious name tbh, but for some reason I love it here, logo is great, colors are nice. Good work all around.

I like the logo and colors as well.

I'll also add that in 2015 Missouri State's April Fools joke was suggesting that the mascot (Boomer the Bear) be replaced by Scrapper the Squirrel, and it was put to a student vote.

https://blogs.missouristate.edu/web/2015/04/06/april-fools-day-2015-boomer-vs-scrapper/

april_fools-700x392.jpg

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

9 hours ago, Coacher42 said:

Most times north is represented by pointing up. The "N" points down. Odd for a school named NORTHampton. Just an observation.

That's just the font "Matrix". Phoenix isn't known for modifying the three or four fonts in their library outside of bevels and arching.

• Like 3

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen a news article or press release yet but Idaho State's athletics website is now showing the new Bengals logo.  Been seeing spots of it on social media for the past week.  New version also comes with orange outline.  Curious who the designer is.  https://isubengals.com/

OLD (left) / NEW (right)
spacer.png     spacer.png

• Like 6

The old ISU Bengal was okay, but IMO it didn't age well.  The new one's not the best tiger I've ever seen, but welcome to the present, Idaho State!

Now that I think about it, the new logo looks like it could be the kid brother of Cincy's Bengal.

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Simon Fraser University, the lone Canadian NCAA university, has released a new athletic visual identity:

Old

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA174SMdooExow-JFJxwI

New

New_Logos.png

Video on the new identity:

Brief section of the article from the school website:

BURNABY, BC – Simon Fraser University Athletics & Recreation is launching a new visual identity  inspired by its celebrated past.

The new SFU Athletics & Recreation icon leans into the original red and white school colours, as well as a vintage maple leaf and octagon shape worn by SFU student-athletes throughout its history. The refreshed brand captures the pride that student-athletes feel when they compete against their American opponents as Canada's NCAA team. Over the years, SFU student-athletes have inspired and motivated each with the rally cry "Rep the Leaf," which becomes a central part of the new brand.

Source: https://athletics.sfu.ca/news/2019/8/12/general-athletics-sfu-reps-the-leaf-in-new-look-for-sports-teams.aspx

• Like 2
sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Next up, DIII's Clarkson University (NY) Golden Knights.  Over a week ago the athletics website & social media hubs displayed the new design but there's no official announcement of any sort.  Clarkson is known for their hockey teams, both playing D1.  I believe they were tied to the Vegas Golden Knights issue a couple years back.  Always bugged me how the old logos came in two, one in green & 1 in yellow despite being called the GOLDEN Knights.  New design keeps the green but the yellow is more significant.  Thoughts?

OLD
NEW (combination)
spacer.png

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Earl said:

Next up, DIII's Clarkson University (NY) Golden Knights.  Over a week ago the athletics website & social media hubs displayed the new design but there's no official announcement of any sort.  Clarkson is known for their hockey teams, both playing D1.  I believe they were tied to the Vegas Golden Knights issue a couple years back.  Always bugged me how the old logos came in two, one in green & 1 in yellow despite being called the GOLDEN Knights.  New design keeps the green but the yellow is more significant.  Thoughts?

OLD
NEW (combination)
spacer.png

"Because few things are more intimidating than a half-green golden knight with a candy cane shoved through the side of its head..."

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Clarkson's not the only D-3 school in New York that's D-1 in one sport changing identities today, as Hobart's (and William and Smith) got a new look

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2019/8/14/general-herons-statesmen-launch-new-brands.aspx

OLD

hathletics.jpg

AkXBLgQB.png

NEW

2000x800_Rebrand_image.jpg

• Like 5

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Don't see herons as a mascot too often, but this is damn nice for William Smith.  I figure one thing, without stating the super-obvious, recolor it to blue and red, and that new Hobart logo would look pretty good as part of a Patriots uniform.

• Like 4

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬