lilben777

College athletics identity changes

10 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Here's the only mention of a new logo I could find, mentioned by the baseball coach on some very bad baseball hats. It looks like they started rolling out the new set at least December of 2018. The script was also on some the baseball team's uniforms last season. Script isn't bad, but the monogram is awful. Overall, it's such a huge downgrade from what they had.

Looks like O SUN. It looks dated. From the 1970s. Whoever chose this has terrible taste.

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So this guy is gone?

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1993 - Pres)

Good riddance

5 hours ago, Earl said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The new primary mark is an improvement.
The new word mark is atrocious.
The Top Hat complementary mark is, at best, "meh".
The walking deacon complementary mark is outstanding and my favorite part of the update.

6 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So this guy is gone?

Wake Forest Demon Deacons (1993 - Pres)

4 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Good riddance

They could've gone this route: Credit to Mark Crosby

spacer.png

On 10/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, Earl said:

spacer.png

The "Walking Deacon" instantly reminded me of Washburn University's Ichabod logo. They're close enough, I think, that Washburn could ask to have it changed. I say that based on Iowa vs. Southern Miss.

Image result for washburn ichabods

12 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

The "Walking Deacon" instantly reminded me of Washburn University's Ichabod logo. They're close enough, I think, that Washburn could ask to have it changed. I say that based on Iowa vs. Southern Miss.

Image result for washburn ichabods

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they get a letter from Johnnie Walker, either.

Not a change, but an interesting list my school Tweeted out:

Crazy that We were almost the Omaha Unicorns. Kinda makes me wonder how that would’ve been done, like would it be a corn pun? Hol up... heading on over to concepts

7 hours ago, jn8 said:

Not a change, but an interesting list my school Tweeted out:

Crazy that We were almost the Omaha Unicorns. Kinda makes me wonder how that would’ve been done, like would it be a corn pun? Hol up... heading on over to concepts

That’s really interesting, demons is also super interesting. Also they spelled Wendi’s name wrong, it’s right there on the drawing, that’s embarrassing 

27 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

That’s really interesting, demons is also super interesting. Also they spelled Wendi’s name wrong, it’s right there on the drawing, that’s embarrassing 

First AND last name, no less

A team being named the Unicorns? Where am I, a Brandiose-led MILB thread? Jokes aside, I wish there was a concept for a small school brand built around unicorns from the 70s.