College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

I appreciate the new look but, as others have stated, the bevel is unnecessary. I also wonder why they couldn’t have just used the gray already in the color scheme for the light blue parts of the new logos. Didn’t really need to add another orange and two more blues. Also, I would have greatly preferred a new wordmark based on the old one and the logo instead of basically Gotham Bold.

I like Sam Houston's retro logo. Nothing like a pantsless animal in a sailor hat to scream college football. 

• Like 1

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

When you realize that the previous Sammy logo was just a bad redraw of a Detroit Tigers logo.

macsot-590x352.png

5979581994.gif

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Out of all the mascots that are used, Bearcats is the one mascot that no one knows what it is.

Though the Binturong is technically called a bearcat, I highly doubt the majority of the colleges and high schools use a image of a Binturong as their mascot especially in the early 1900s which is why most schools use a cat mascot like a bobcat or a mountain lion. One reason they use cats for a logo that a Bearcat a very old term used to call a Mountain Lion

Edited by Colt16
Screwed up my post that I trying to write
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2020 at 2:07 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The new cavalier alternate is pretty cool.  

But the V update looks like an unnecessary downgrade 

uva111-590x354.png

Separate from the beveling (which is its own issue), the change in the shape of the letter is so minimal as to be almost unnoticeable . . . and the old one was more distinctive.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:30 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Meh.. Could have brought back the old Cavalier

spacer.png

as an alternate

The biggest problem with this one (and there are a number of problems) is that there is no logical reason for the underside of the hat brim to be blue on one side and white on the other (or at least I have always assumed there was a hat brim next to the plume, otherwise he is wearing half a hat).  That always drove me crazy.

Presumably, it wound up that way to distinguish the hat from the blue hair on the plume side of the logo.  If so, that just means the hair/hat issue needed to be handled differently.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Montclair State Red Hawks Unveil Refreshed Logo Set, New Wordmark

April 29, 2020 - 15:23 PM

In an effort to create a cohesive and consistent brand across their athletic department, the Montclair State Red Hawks last month unveiled a refreshed primary logo, new secondary marks and associated typography.  “The refreshed logo, additional marks and updated fonts […]

Read More...