College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

I really like it! Definite upgrade over the old one, I love the use of CLT, and it actually looks great on the helmet. 

56 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

This is a huge improvement for Charlotte. Its simple but unique. My biggest gripe is the CLT mark being so prominent. I haven't spent much time in Charlotte so perhaps they refer to the city as CLT, but I never have been a fan of airport codes/abbreviations being part of team logo packages

CLT is very common around here. It's on of the more common nicknames, along with Queen City and the QC. 

44 minutes ago, 8993 said:

I've never been a fan of using "CLT". Say that out word out loud and tell me I'm wrong. That's just not a good phrase.

Moreso, I'm not a fan of this branding. It's boring and bulky to me.

But you don't say it like a word, you say it letter by letter, like C-L-T, just like any other airport code. 

Edited by QCS
forgot a word
  • Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

But you say it like a word, you say it letter by letter, like C-L-T, just like any other airport code. 

I get that, but I've heard a number of locals say that they don't like CLT solely for that connotation. Charlotte as a name is already iconic and elegant, so I'd always prefer Charlotte > CLT.

• Like 3

Just now, 8993 said:

I get that, but I've heard a number of locals say that they don't like CLT solely for that connotation. Charlotte as a name is already iconic and elegant, so I'd always prefer Charlotte > CLT.

Agreed, but I don't hate it. It looks pretty good with the letters and it's better than the Hornets' CHA they've been trying to push. 

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, dcameronh said:

That reads a bit like a G to me.  I think it may be because there is a straight line on the interior right side on the lower half.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

https://charlotte49ers.com/sports/2020/6/23/media-tool-kit-49ers.aspx

I'm conflicted, as ultimately they've needed a new logo, but this is so... lifeless looking. The CLT is not a good secondary logo, and it looks so out of whack. The wordmark feels like some weird Falcons ripoff, I guess at least the tertiary and primary are ok by themselves...

This could've been much better but at least this means we won't see those god awful chrome gold football helmets anymore... I hope...

Ugh, why does it all bend. The CLT mark is pretty underwhelming too, the only cities who can abbreviate their names are cities with 2 or more words. NYC, LA, STL for example. ATL, CLT, neither of those work. The C logo, in theory is alright, albeit boring and lifeless. The 49ers logo, or just the 9ers logo, both look awful, the pickaxe in the 9 looks awkward as can be. I think as bad as the original was, this really isn't all that much better. 

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Not a fan of the new branding. Maybe it will grow on me after it’s more used. I am a Charlotte native and yes we prefer CLT to CHA. The new wordmark logos look wavy and not aligned to each letter slant. The reverse pickaxe in the lettering and number is a good concept that would work better with a different letter form. 

• Like 2

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Charlotte 49ers Unveil New Athletic Identity

June 24, 2020 - 17:02 PM

The Charlotte 49ers unveiled a new athletic identity on Tuesday afternoon, which the university hopes will become a rallying point for students, alumni and fans throughout the local community. “The new identity captures the energy that will drive our programs […]

Read More...

39 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Where are the other colors? It's just green. Downgrade for me, it's too boring

Yeah it could use some more gold on the green and white helmet. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Longtime 49er fan here.  I wasn't thrilled when the C logo came out on Saturday, but after the entire re-brand was released yesterday, I love it.

Old logo had 4 colors and was difficult and expensive to produce. Now we have a much simpler logo, one shade of green (Jets green) that can be easily reproduced. No more 49 Shades of Green with our gear!!

I think the CLT logo will become a primary logo.

[Image: 94861dfc288ace295f72d0d0f1fd087858fd8e2c_2_297x500.jpeg]

[Image: 208e9c0bfda86c40734868050a28cc0a247e89aa.jpeg]

• Like 6

I know that's supposed to be a miner's pick inside the C, but my brain only wants to see it as an airplane or a bird. 

Also, didn't realize how much the prior 49ers logo resembled the SF 49ers infamous one-day logo. Not perfectly, of course, but certainly in spirit.

• Like 3