College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

LSU Football Schedule 2020

If UCLA insists on this, they can make it happen. The Vapor Fusion has a side seam that can help support the UCLA stripes.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Fq7trl2

It will be great to see UCLA stripes versus LSU's UCLA stripes in 2021 if they are still scheduled to play each others.  Also, we will see Team Jordan versus Team Jordan matchups whenever Bruins play Michigan and Oklahoma.

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The shoulder stripes which have looked great recently, will now suck.  Nike does such a crap job on those shoulder stripes.

They look fine on the Vapor Untouchable template to me. Certainly better than the modified Pro Combat template shown above or what Under Armour has done to them, which was to overcorrect the shrinking stripes we saw from Adidas.  

1199361993.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

They look fine on the Vapor Untouchable template to me. Certainly better than the modified Pro Combat template shown above or what Under Armour has done to them, which was to overcorrect the shrinking stripes we saw from Adidas.  

1199361993.jpg

I like that look but a lot of folks want that stripe to end up on the cuff instead of the yoke. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

1199361993.jpg

Wait, is the above picture an example of what you mean by looking fine? Yikes. I'm sorry, I know we've had to look at this chopped version so long that a lot of people just assume that this is what it's supposed to look like, but no. This sucks. Under Armour might not do much correctly, but they got UCLA's shoulder stripes looking better than they have since the 90's. 

Nike would easily be able to do the same, but they're way too invested in selling whatever ridiculously named template they're pushing this year.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, WavePunter said:

No way.. those are fantastic

Eh. They only go half way around, get folded up under many players’ pads, and really don’t add much to the design as a whole. Vestigial, if you ask me.

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

21 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Eh. They only go half way around, get folded up under many players’ pads, and really don’t add much to the design as a whole. Vestigial, if you ask me.

That's only because nobody on their team wears the skill cut or the QB cut.. every single player wears the lineman cut, which is somewhat designed to be smaller and suck up snug around the pads.. I'd argue that Nike should simply make the yellow middle stripe go all the way around even on the lineman cut, but either way, it's a nice aesthetic imo..

21 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

This is a tough one because the name, as problematic as it is, was used to define an area of Utah. Hopefully they have a good plan for the change, but this seems like either a knee jerk reaction or seeing the writing on the wall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

This is a tough one because the name, as problematic as it is, was used to define an area of Utah. Hopefully they have a good plan for the change, but this seems like either a knee jerk reaction or seeing the writing on the wall.

I think the big thing is that people were starting to be too embarrassed to wear school gear outside of the region. I think the average American has a pretty negative connotation of "Dixie" and wouldn't think too highly of someone wearing a Dixie State sweatshirt. The fact the school used too hold mock slave auctions doesn't help the case for keeping the name either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

I think the big thing is that people were starting to be too embarrassed to wear school gear outside of the region. I think the average American has a pretty negative connotation of "Dixie" and wouldn't think too highly of someone wearing a Dixie State sweatshirt. The fact the school used too hold mock slave auctions doesn't help the case for keeping the name either.

Maybe the average American NOT from actual Dixie.. those of us actually from the region likely don't view it through the same lens as everyone else.. but everyone else thinks we're all a bunch of backwards rednecks, so I'm not sure what to say.. Georgia is in Dixie and voted for Biden, so the general opinion of "Dixie" is about like an a$$hole, everyone's got one, and they all stink..

Now, if you want to judge the place that held mock slave auctions accordingly, do it on THOSE merits.. but not because of some unrelated and unofficial name

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

Maybe the average American NOT from actual Dixie.. those of us actually from the region likely don't view it through the same lens as everyone else.. but everyone else thinks we're all a bunch of backwards rednecks, so I'm not sure what to say.. Georgia is in Dixie and voted for Biden, so the general opinion of "Dixie" is about like an a$$hole, everyone's got one, and they all stink..

Now, if you want to judge the place that held mock slave auctions accordingly, do it on THOSE merits.. but not because of some unrelated and unofficial name

I didn't say or mean to insinuate that the Dixie regions (both in Utah and the American South) were filled with racists and the like. But the point remains, most people's first thoughts upon hearing Dixie in any context are about the Confederacy, Antebellum, and Redemeer-era South.

• Like 5

On 12/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

I propose they change their name in honor of the local stream that runs near campus, the Virgin River.  Virgin State-St. George? Virgin University of Utah (what other state would it be in?). Idk, I just think the student body would really get behind it. 

Virgin University

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 12/16/2020 at 8:56 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Virgin University of Utah (what other state would it be in?). Idk, I just think the student body would really get behind it. 

So the student body would get behind Virgin University?

I'll see myself out.

• Like 6

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

14 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I'll see myself out.

they couldnt even stream their games on twitch with that name

• Like 2

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, panthers_2012 said:

I'll see myself out.

All of this because their Dixie wrecked.

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins