College athletics identity changes

Burkell007

12 hours ago, NH4 said:

That new color scheme is gorgeous and the new blue makes way more sense than red

No if anything removing navy for light blue would of been the better move, cause after all there in the “USC” system so garnet would of made sense to keep. Look at the UT(Texas) system or other states like Tennessee or cal. They keep one color to tie in most of the schools. Not all state systems do this I get it.

• Yawn 1

On 8/11/2022 at 10:39 AM, Burkell007 said:

No if anything removing navy for light blue would of been the better move, cause after all there in the “USC” system so garnet would of made sense to keep. Look at the UT(Texas) system or other states like Tennessee or cal. They keep one color to tie in most of the schools. Not all state systems do this I get it.

Can confirm...the UW system doesn't do it, a vestige of when they had nothing to do with Madison.  Only ones I know that use red at all are River Falls (main) and Green Bay (secondary).  UWM used to but it's been decades since they did.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

13 minutes ago, Discrim said:

Can confirm...the UW system doesn't do it, a vestige of when they had nothing to do with Madison.  Only ones I know that use red at all are River Falls (main) and Green Bay (secondary).  UWM used to but it's been decades since they did.

Actually, I think Green Bay dropped red a couple of years back. Colors are more green/white/silver now.

1200px-Green_Bay_Phoenix_logo.svg.png

IMG_4561_2.jpg

IMG_7754.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

"Beacon & Blaze" sounds like a gentrification brewpub where a 40-year-old guy with a with a city flag tattoo tells you that the alcoholic milkshakes are Actually Really Good 

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sorry, but that's a really dumb angle to criticize a logo from. Logos aren't meant to be detailed field illustrations and measuring the worth of a mark by how accurately it captures every biological subtlety of what it is meant to represent is not ever going to be productive. She might as well note that owls aren't actually purple and silver either.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

spacer.png