TheFallenHaveRisen

Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Did everyone just jump right over this?

I think by "this ain't it" he just means they aren't good. Not that they aren't legit. Pretty common reply phrase these days that essentially just means "nah."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Yeah, the swooshes are easier to see on the white jerseys, but all of them have swooshes. 

Are they above the new triangle line? 

I compare it to the likes of this spacer.png

And the new Jets shelve looks unfinished. 

 

Even your Rams jerseys. I have yet to see a Nike swoosh so far out of the shelve until today. Now i think this may be fake

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks fake. One of the black jerseys looks shopped and the pant stripe on most players is about halfway down leg while another player has stripe going all the way to socks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would go to the trouble of faking this? It would be an insane amount of Photoshop work with zero incentive to do it. 

 

I can't wrap my head around why people immediately jump to farfetched conspiracy theories when the far more obvious answer is there. These uniforms are getting unveiled tomorrow. The Jets are surely preparing for this, which means putting up promotional images. Someone got a picture of one of these and posted it online. 

 

Also - we've seen time and time again that leaks as elaborate as this are always proven to be real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Who would go to the trouble of faking this? It would be an insane amount of Photoshop work with zero incentive to do it. 

 

I can't wrap my head around why people immediately jump to farfetched conspiracy theories when the far more obvious answer is there. These uniforms are getting unveiled tomorrow. The Jets are surely preparing for this, which means putting up promotional images. Someone got a picture of one of these and posted it online. 

 

Also - we've seen time and time again that leaks as elaborate as this are always proven to be real. 

 

Someone faked all the all star caps a few years ago and everybody bought it because it was so detailed and so much time was spent on it. Anyone looking to get into design would love to show that his or her work was so good that it fooled everyone. 

 

Theres no no reason to automatically assume this is real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re not bad at all. However I can’t help feeling that it’s a downgrade over what they previously had, and a big downgrade over what they should have done, which was switch the previous jersey to a lighter green.

 

The wordmark on helmet+big wordmark on chest combination is painfully college. The BFBS will surely be overused. They might just be the second best Nike redesign after the Vikings though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Someone faked all the all star caps a few years ago and everybody bought it because it was so detailed and so much time was spent on it. Anyone looking to get into design would love to show that his or her work was so good that it fooled everyone. 

 

Theres no no reason to automatically assume this is real. 

The exact same thing happened last year when very similar images of the new Jaguars uniforms leaked right before the unveiling. Keep as open a mind as you want, but it seems to be that it's needlessly skeptical not to conclude that it's 99.9% likely these are real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Who would go to the trouble of faking this? It would be an insane amount of Photoshop work with zero incentive to do it. 

 

Have you never seen anybody create fakes simply because they enjoy creating uniforms? Like this?

 

http://dailysnark.com/potential-new-uniforms-of-the-new-york-jets-leak-online/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

Have you never seen anybody create fakes simply because they enjoy creating uniforms? Like this?

 

http://dailysnark.com/potential-new-uniforms-of-the-new-york-jets-leak-online/

 

That is several orders of magnitude less elaborate than these latest Jets fakes. It uses a Lions player, for one. These Jets fakes include six Jets players in poses we've never seen them in before. Would require ridiculous proficiency in Photoshop to fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jezus_Ghoti said:

 

That is several orders of magnitude less elaborate than these latest Jets fakes. It uses a Lions player, for one. These Jets fakes include six Jets players in poses we've never seen them in before. Would require ridiculous proficiency in Photoshop to fake.

 

there are basically three scenarios:

 

100% real.

100% fake.

mostly real, with some elements different/missing, etc. maybe it was from a photoshoot or camera test early in the process, who knows.

 

but not one of us know with certainty what the deal is. the people who are keeping their guard up are doing so, in my opinion, rightly so. the ones that are convinced it's real certainly have a point, because it looks convincing. but the reason we KNOW the jets logo is real, is because it's on something in real life. if we see a retail version leak that matches this, then it's fair to say that the skepticism might be unfounded (it doesn't help that lukas goes into fight or flight on twitter, like we're all prone to do, and gets snarky for no good reason). until then, let's proceed with caution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jeezuschristiii said:

Jamal Adams is disputing this jersey, but he may just be keeping the suspense alive for tomorrow. 

Where did you see that? I didn't see anything on twitter. I trust his opinion over every other non-Jet who has 'seen' this lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

 

That is several orders of magnitude less elaborate than these latest Jets fakes. It uses a Lions player, for one. These Jets fakes include six Jets players in poses we've never seen them in before. Would require ridiculous proficiency in Photoshop to fake.

 

That doesn't mean it isn't fake. For the record, I think it's probably real. But I'm not going to say it can't be fake simply because it'd be really hard to create in Photoshop. Especially when it appears to be a photo of a screen, which could hide certain clues as to whether or not it's fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

 

Yeah Paul Lukas is really showing some skepticism in the replies to my tweet saying they've leaked. He may be right.

 

 

 

 

What the hell is he talking about with the collars and inconsistent striping? Those collars are 100% accurate with the vapor untouchable and the striping is all simple and consistent. The NFL shield thing could be true but even then these were made for a photoshoot, not to be game worn. He's being overly pedantic here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shows restraint.  The Jets are exonerated.  We don’t need the full official release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming these are real, I like that these appear to be inspired by the Jets of the '80s and early '90s. That's the look I was hoping for. That said, the Jets unis of that era looked distinctive from the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and these don't. The difference to me is the shoulders. That narrow, Patriots-ish stripe is what makes it feel similar to Saskatchewan, and I'm not sure what they could do to fix it. The '80s-'90s era Jets had big, fat, white sleeve stripes, which don't work anymore in modern cuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeveonTheJet said:

Soo thoughts on this potential "Leak"? I think it's a bit reserved but definitely an 'evolution' of their look. Only thing I don't like is that logo on the helmet.4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

IMO this is all most perfect. Take the pants stripes off and and instead of have the tacky shoulder stripes have something that looks like a vertical fin instead of a cape. It would make me think of those days of oceana and those gosh darn tom cats ( I miss ya gal).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, henburg said:

 

What the hell is he talking about with the collars and inconsistent striping? Those collars are 100% accurate with the vapor untouchable and the striping is all simple and consistent. The NFL shield thing could be true but even then these were made for a photoshoot, not to be game worn. He's being overly pedantic here.

 

The pants striping is different in the picture on different pants.

 

Darnold’s and Herndon’s striping is different though both are in white pants. Adams and Williams both have pant stripes that seem to just end at their hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.