TheFallenHaveRisen

Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If the numbers have a black stroke and the stripe elements do not, I may have to issue a strongly worded letter.

 

I would second it. Truth be told, the black is simply not needed in any part of this (assuming it’s real, though I’m not convinced it is). That’s what makes it look sub-professional to me. Clean, crisp, green and white would have looked great. Adding a black mask and black trim to the numbers, but nothing else, is something a high school or a small college does in teambuilder because they don’t know any better.

 

18 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

 

I agree with this point. But we cannot deny the Colts use gray in many merch items.

 

Every team uses gray in many merch items. Heathered gray knit was practically invented solely for athletic tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

 

Yeah Paul Lukas is really showing some skepticism in the replies to my tweet saying they've leaked. He may be right.

 

 

 

 

 

He just hates SportsLogos. They're real. Give it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One would think that they wouldn’t have UA shoes on in a Nike uniform revile?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

Every team uses gray in many merch items. Heathered gray knit was practically invented solely for athletic tops.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Newport said:

One would think that they wouldn’t have UA shoes on in a Nike uniform revile?

 

As I posted earlier in here, some of the Jaguars wore UA in their official unveiling photo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Gray facemasks don't count in the color scheme.

 

(Always willing to go there.)

That depends on who you are talking too....I am not going to start another debate oldschoolvikings...but not everyone agrees with your stance on this matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wasn't it just last night that the hat leaked and everyone said we were kidding ourselves if we didn't think that was the helmet logo?

 

I don't think that was quite it.  Only that we were kidding ourselves if we didn't think that was the primary logo.  Plenty of teams put non-primary logos on helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

I don't think that was quite it.  Only that we were kidding ourselves if we didn't think that was the primary logo.  Plenty of teams put non-primary logos on helmets.

 

The bears used the bear face and that isn't their primary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If these are in fact the actual new uniforms I'm also in the camp of don't like them.  They're just meh, the black is totally unnecessary as is the amateurish "New York" on the front, and the helmet is just uninspired.  I'd have just preferred a return to the Gastineau look.  Essentially then, if these are real, the Jets did just what I thought they would do.  Jets done Jetted.

 

I wonder what "Fireman Ed" would say about these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Newport said:

One would think that they wouldn’t have UA shoes on in a Nike uniform revile?

 

Here's a dude wearing adidas gloves during the Titans' actual unveiling:

 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nuordr said:

That depends on who you are talking too....I am not going to start another debate oldschoolvikings...but not everyone agrees with your stance on this matter. 

 

I dont understand why people think gray facemask counts as team color. Niners use gray facemask but are clearly red gold white black team.

 

Gray facemask is the one exception because teams who use a gray facemask are generally either throwing back to a look (colts, now previous jets, giants, niners...) or still wearing same old look (raiders).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JD1500 said:

Oh, I'm going anyway...you know, just for a refresher.

Serious question: I seem to remember Indianapolis having blue facemasks for a time during Manning's tenure.  So changing to an actual team color and then back to gray doesn't alter the landscape?

 

It's a little more muddled than that. The Colts actually switched to white facemasks some time in 1978, then moved to blue facemasks in 1995 before reverting to grey in 2004. For a short time in the 80's, the Colts actually employed grey as a full time color before ditching it.

The change back to grey was accompanied by a couple of retro aesthetics: black cleats and sock stripes. Specifically they tried to call back the Unitas era look. In my book the deliberate evocation of the 1950's era puts the current grey facemask in the retro category as a type of grandfather clause. Same goes for the 49ers current helmet, Browns grey facemask in the mid-2000's and the Giants current facemask. If its there in deliberate homage to a pre-multi-color facemask uniform, it gets grandfathered in as a non-color. 

I actually feel the Lions current facemask is team color since 1) its more or less silver and 2) the uniform isn't exactly making reference to past Lions eras. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as these jets unis. I feel like we heard rumor of black unis previously in this process. So that's probably a reality. They're not titans, bucs, browns level of bad,  but a lot left to be desired if in fact these are the final version.

 

I do tend to think that this is an early / earlier stage prototype graphic.

 

The brightside hopefully a full 90s throwback for NFL 100 can happen now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

 

He just hates SportsLogos. They're real. Give it up. 

 

No he doesn't. He's just skeptical about these boards, as anyone should be about any message board. He has a great relationship with Chris, who by made sure to hedge the validity of the leak in his coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

I dont understand why people think gray facemask counts as team color. Niners use gray facemask but are clearly red gold white black team.

 

Gray facemask is the one exception because teams who use a gray facemask are generally either throwing back to a look (colts, now previous jets, giants, niners...) or still wearing same old look (raiders).

I'd say it's an either/or situation. Teams like the Colts and Giants use it as a throwback. Or even the Cardinals, even though the rest of their uniform is the farthest thing from a throwback. Then you have teams like the Raiders and Titans where it actually is part of their color scheme and thus is not used in the throwback capacity necessarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

As far as Nike's redesigns it's definitely towards the top. Compared to the rest of them, are they really that bad? I like them a lot.

 

1. Vikings

2. Dolphins 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Seahawks

6. Dolphins 1.0

7. Jaguars 2.0

8. Titans

9. Buccaneers

10. Jaguars 1.0

11. Browns

Were the Bills not a Nike redesign?  I think they’re way better than all of those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McCall said:

I'd say it's an either/or situation. Teams like the Colts and Giants use it as a throwback. Or even the Cardinals, even though the rest of their uniform is the farthest thing from a throwback. Then you have teams like the Raiders and Titans where it actually is part of their color scheme and thus is not used in the throwback capacity necessarily.

 

I would say you are right about the titans. I forgot about the cardinals because they're uniform revamp is super 2000s modern, but the helmet is the same they've worn since at least stl. Exception being the logo update.

 

The raiders fall into their own category of it being both a team color and a nod to the fact they've worn the same uniform since 63 or 64.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucas718 said:

Were the Bills not a Nike redesign?  I think they’re way better than all of those. 

If I remember right they had their-now current uniforms they wore for the last Reebok year before the Nike switch

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.