TheFallenHaveRisen

Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread

The helmet looks like those really bad Daily Snark concepts that zoom in on the logo. 

10 minutes ago, MattMill said:

So the helmet logo is italicized and also arched/bubbled and also sort of placed sideways to begin with ? I feel drunk 

It’s not arched, it’s just the curve of the helmet giving that look

i wish the boards had some sort fo real time chat function thing so we could discuss big events in real time. i know another board i frequent has a discord connected to the board(it locks you into the board username, etc) and i think it'd be a cool idea to look into. i do have an unofficial one in my sig if anyone wants to check it out. i didnt know whwere else to put the idea, sorry if it;s in the wrong place mods

11 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I'll add those shoulder "stripes" look a lot more awkward up close than they did from a distance in the leaked photo.

I'm still interested in seeing the back of the uniform and where those stripes go. Do they end abruptly? Do they mirror the front? Or do they actually connect across the nameplate in the back to create a contrasting nameplate?

Maybe it's just me but those shoulder/sleeve stripes give it a look like they have a cape attached to the jersey . . 

Not a fan of the 'NEW YORK' wordmark .. they took the CLEVELAND route, that was a mistake

If they have green socks with their green pants it's gonna kill the entire road look, and I expect they will ... 

Kudos Jets. I've never watched one of these events, even for my own team. Lots of hype you built yours. This could've been so normal. 

This is a good looking uniform for North Texas, Eastern Michigan, or Ohio University but it just doesn’t say New York Jets to me despite, ironically, spelling out New York and Jets.  I don’t hate it. It’s one of the better Nike redesigns but I still think it’s a downgrade.  The best scenario to me would have been to just make all the greens match on the old uniform and maybe lighten them a bit.   

As had been mentioned previously, this thread is being locked and a new one has been started for the unveiling itself: 

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I'll @ you. It's a green, white and black football team, they share colours and the Roughriders don't even use black anymore. 

I mean they kinda do. 

I just find it hilarious that a basic observation has so many people tied in knots.