TheFallenHaveRisen

Jets new uniform speculation/leaks thread

Recommended Posts

Oh this is the JETS. They are totally going to go heavy on adding Black or Anthracite.  I'd be shocked if they didn't biff this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Does anyone have any authority on the average # of helmets that a nfl franchise would actually reuse from one season to another? If you start at 85 for camp and go down to a 53 man roster plus practice squad in the regular season, combined with roster churn I would think you would not have many suitable helmets that would meet league or player standards for the following season. My best guess is that you would maybe have 25 veterans that would want to keep their helmets season over season while the other remaining vets on the roster would opt for new at the start of each season. I understand the refurb/recert process is an essential part of the lower levels but there seems to be way too much perceived and real risk in not issuing new helmets each year unless a veteran player refused.

 

its an interesting question. they keep a lot of shells at Camp and from what ive seen myself i would estimate that number around 100. and loads more facemasks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

this is a video put out by the Jets. its not a point and shoot IG story, they filmed this, edited it, and released it. there is story here they're trying to tell. just because they have a gray primer though, doesn't mean black paint. it could be green. it could be something crazy we haven't seen yet or a gradient. i will say though, if the gray primered helmets were not Jets helmets, this is a critical mistake in the video; in storytelling. i have more faith in the Jets creative team than this.

 

 

yes, they could have been sent out to be painted white. but i dont think thats likely given what they've put out so far or when using a gray primer, unless they've made a terrible mistake in the story. i also believe we're getting some sort of green helmet

So, the leaked logo is definitely green, and the helmet is likely green also. This 

brings to mind several possibilities:

 

1. The green helmet logo will blend into the green helmet. This seems unlikely.

 

2. The logo we have seen is the new primary, but the helmet decal(s) will be something designed to evoke the team name, rather than the team's official primary logo - along the lines of Bengals, Eagles, Vikings, and Rams. This could happen with any helmet color. I would think they'd maybe use grey to evoke a military jet but none of the revealed info has indicated any usage of grey - just green, black, white. This is very feasible with a green helmet.

 

3. The logo we've seen is legit AND is the helmet logo, but there's a color-swapped (primarily white) version for the green helmet.

 

4. The logo we have seen will be on a non-green helmet in the form we have seen it.

 

5. The logo we have seen is legit but a second (as-yet unseen) new logo will go on the helmet. (Not the same as #2, where the decals would likely not be an actual logo.)

 

6. The logo we've seen is a fake or decoy of some sort, maybe an alternate rather than a primary, and will not factor into the uniforms at all (this is somewhat compatible with #2 and #5). 

 

Right now my thoughts lean toward #2 or #3. I think #2 would be better because the leaked logo looks pretty lame for a new helmet - it's almost identical to the old one. I too think a green helmet is the most likely scenario. If so, I hope it matches the uniforms well and has either a gloss or satin finish - not straight-up matte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Here’s a gray epoxy primer which could trick the eye into seeing a shade of green too.

BlockingC.JPG

 

That is far different than the green helmet shown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are gray, really. It's really just a lighting/low quality video capture thing..

 

56-AD80-AB-B50-A-401-C-AB7-B-4685-F5-ABA BlockingC.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, scouserduke said:

 

 

My mind immediately went to this...

Image result for jet fighter helmet

Not bad, but that would change the meaning of the name. They're named Jets because of how close Shea Stadium was to LaGuardia Airport, not because of the military.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

edit- Taking this down- if someone saw it you can make your own post.  Changed my mind on saying it it myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

edit- Taking this down- if someone saw it you can make your own post.  Changed my mind on saying it it myself. 

Now I'm really curious...

 

As for the matte helmet, it doesn't look to me like the right shade of green if it in fact is green rather than grey...but a different finish could cause a different look. Plus, it isn't a finished product in the screen-cap by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Both are gray, really. It's really just a lighting/low quality video capture thing..

 

56-AD80-AB-B50-A-401-C-AB7-B-4685-F5-ABA 

I'd too say it's gray. Almost looks like a yellow boost filter has been applied (look at the yellow tinge on the white helmet) which would make the gray seem a tinge greenish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'd too say it's gray. Almost looks like a yellow boost filter has been applied (look at the yellow tinge on the white helmet) which would make the gray seem a tinge greenish. 

 

Fluorescent lighting also gives off a greenish tinge. Thank you, introductory photography class from college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's most certainly a dark grey shell, not green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys the gray in that video is just the shell without any paint on it.    That’s not a color hint. 

I posted the release date but I took it down cuz I don’t want to get in trouble.  It’s basically when you think... few weeks before schedule release and the draft. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

Guys the gray in that video is just the shell without any paint on it.    That’s not a color hint. 

I posted the release date but I took it down cuz I don’t want to get in trouble.  It’s basically when you think... few weeks before schedule release and the draft. 

 

 

I'm guessing late March then, could even be a birthday present for me if it's mid March lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

this is a video put out by the Jets. its not a point and shoot IG story, they filmed this, edited it, and released it. there is story here they're trying to tell. just because they have a gray primer though, doesn't mean black paint. it could be green. it could be something crazy we haven't seen yet or a gradient. i will say though, if the gray primered helmets were not Jets helmets, this is a critical mistake in the video; in storytelling. i have more faith in the Jets creative team than this.

 

 

yes, they could have been sent out to be painted white. but i dont think thats likely given what they've put out so far or when using a gray primer, unless they've made a terrible mistake in the story. i also believe we're getting some sort of green helmet


Some of the grey helmets had decals on them, i think it may have just been a batch of grey helmets for that reason. Fwiw there seemed to be a classic Revo in there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we assuming that if the primer is grey it can’t be a white helmet? I’ve seen grey primer used all the time for white paint on cars and such, heck I’ve seen damn near royal blue primer used for the exterior of a house that was then painted white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dont care said:

Why are we assuming that if the primer is grey it can’t be a white helmet? I’ve seen grey primer used all the time for white paint on cars and such, heck I’ve seen damn near royal blue primer used for the exterior of a house that was then painted white.

 

i think its a pretty good assumption that if they were going to be white, they would use a white primer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:


Some of the grey helmets had decals on them, i think it may have just been a batch of grey helmets for that reason. Fwiw there seemed to be a classic Revo in there as well. 

 

spacer.png

 

and with that, ive lost all faith in the story they've told.

 

i guess we can also assume the white helmets that were being sanded are primer white as well. they've butt-fumbled this whole thing as far as im concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

spacer.png

 

and with that, ive lost all faith in the story they've told.

 

i guess we can also assume the white helmets that were being sanded are primer white as well. they've butt-fumbled this whole thing as far as im concerned. 

Yeah, that one at the bottom is Arkansas State. I think Arkansas State was even tagged in the post. Not sure why I forgot that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

spacer.png

 

and with that, ive lost all faith in the story they've told.

 

i guess we can also assume the white helmets that were being sanded are primer white as well. they've butt-fumbled this whole thing as far as im concerned. 

 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the story they’ve told. They’ve shown their helmets arriving at a massive facility where hundreds (if not thousands of helmets) are made or refurbished on a daily basis. The story mainly follows the white helmets (which they previously wore) being sanded down and sent through the paint/primer line, but threw in shots of other helmets to not only back up my first point, but also to avoid any hints of what color the new helmets may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.