Kansas City Chiefs concept

andrewharrington

i was going for some very native american flava with a team like the chiefs. i took the current colors, darkened and saturated them them to beyond redskins colors, leaving the concept with a classic array of colors with an almost old world muted effect. the basic scheme is DARK CRIMSON, SUNFLOWER, and CHARCOAL. the away jersey is less adorned as far as text goes, but has one extra stripe in the side panel. the home jersey has drop shadow numbers. each of the three pants can be worn with either jersey without mismatching the stripes. (something i made it a point to do) enjoy and let me know what you think. ^_^

P.S. Sorry for the MS Paint quality. <_<

EDIT - BY SUGGESTION, I TRIED USING THE "TRADITIONAL" CHIEFS LOGO AND MODERNIZING IT. LOOKS PRETTY GOOD.

KansasCityChiefs.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i have to somewhat agree. the reason i did it, actually, is on the 'who needs a new logo/uniform?' post, KC Chiefs showed up about 8000 times, so it got me thinking. thanks for the gander, though. ^_^

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

not to let you down, but that was the point of it. i thought they were too gaudy without it, albeit attractive. ( the same way the rams new metallic style gold has less punch than the old yellow gold and makes the uniforms appear more . . . "elegant") :P

That is just two sweet. Think you can come yp with an alternate jersey?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Great design, I agree with AAO about it being the 'new" black. I think it's a great look and I like the arrow head two tone...nice work... :D

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

i was totally in the process of making a grey alternate ( a tribute to the late derrick thomas no less) but it really wasnt working the way i wanted. maybe ill try once more and put it up tomorrow.

I really like the idea of an update, but I think all updates of NFL teams must work around the existing logo. Tiny changes to the logo (like the darkening of a color or adding an outline) are acceptable, but nothing radical. Logos like the Chiefs' are just too classic and too recognizable to mess with.

Sorry, but as a Chiefs fan, this just doesn't work. The logo needs to remain the same, but maybe with a yellow outline around the arrowhead, and with a yellow outline surrounded by a red outline around the KC. Then, a yellor-red-yellow helmet stripe might work, and maybe add a yellow-red or red-yellow outline around the numbers. And, then the only other addition would be to put the arrowhead on the shoulders. Just as long as no more black or grey is thrown in like the trend is nowadays, I'll be happy.

VmWIn6B.png

i agree with you here. it was actually easier to create a new logo rather than work from the existing one. additionally, i wanted to try my hand at redesigning the logo more for fun than anything else. i tried my best to keep it in the same form as the current one.

your suggestions would work well also, with the exception of the helmet stripe. i dont think it belongs on the chiefs helmet, or any red helmet for that matter, which is why you dont see it in my design. ^_^

These aren't too bad. Except for a modernization, the logo is "hands off" in my mind. The grey is OK, but I still prefer keeping the black in the uniform as well.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I was refering to the helmet logo. I would want black used within the jersey and pants, whether grey is added or not.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Why can't the Chiefs be messed with? You may prefer they're not (and I would feel the same on some teams as well)

I like it--and grey works well with darker reds--as is used here--I'd like to see this in real life...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived