Canadian Premier League Concepts (Completed 12-11: Sask & League Graphics)

vtgco

2 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

what about moncton team, its say they might get a team in a few years  

As I briefly suggested at the end of my last post, I have some initial ideas for Moncton, and will begin work on it shortly! Thanks for asking!

Any commentary on Québec, anyone?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vtgco said:

As I briefly suggested at the end of my last post, I have some initial ideas for Moncton, and will begin work on it shortly! Thanks for asking!

Any commentary on Québec, anyone?

cant wait. could do something with forestry. since that big in nb

hvmY186.png

On 8/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, NoE38 said:

It's great, especially all the symbolism. I definitely that the Citadelles had a great identity so I love how you incorporated parts of it into this. Great work!

Thanks! I try to put in a bit of research Wikipedia time to make sure my identities fit the cities! Glad to hear you agree about resurrecting the Citadelles name!

On 8/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, Flames1fan said:

cant wait. could do something with forestry. since that big in nb

A good suggestion; however, I already had something else in mind for Moncton...

mnc_display.jpg

My 20 minutes of experience in Moncton consisted of sitting in traffic, trying to get through the city during the Acadian Day festivities. Having seen those celebrations, I feel that an Acadia theme would work quite well for a soccer team there!

The team is named Stella Maris, Latin for "star of the sea," after the Acadian national anthem and flag design. I thought it might be an appealing name to fans of European-style identities, while still being locally relevant and more interesting than "Moncton FC." The nickname for the team is the Sea Stars.

The logo has the shape of the Moncton coat of arms, and the colors of the Acadian and New Brunswick flags. The starfish represents the aforementioned Star of the Sea, and the marine life of the Bay of Fundy. The curved stripes represent Moncton's famous tidal bore. The fonts are ModestoLite Expanded and Samantha.

The home is inspired by Moncton's nickname of "Hub City," as it was once a huge railway town. The red shirt + white shorts + blue socks with yellow trim resembles the Acadian flag.

The away is takes the team name literally, with a starry night over the sea. The starfish on the crest is placed in the position of the North Star.

(Note the French and English sponsor names!)

Hopefully, this concept represents Moncton and Acadia well. School will be starting next week (gulp), but I'll try to get the next team up for you sometime soon.

Please, let me know what you think of anything so far! C&C is appreciated!

• vtgco changed the title to Canadian Premier League Logos & Kits (Update 08-29: Moncton)
6 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Another amazing identity. Love the incorporation of the Dippers on the away, especially the crest placed on the North Star. The bilingual sponsor is a key touch as well. Will you eventually be doing an Ottawa team?

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like that away kit. ?

I plan to eventually do the Fury; I just wanted to make sure to do some original-work expansion teams before school starts...

By the way, I wonder why the Fury haven't announced anything yet if they plan to move to the CPL...?

• 2 weeks later...

You know what, after all this time, here's Ottawa!

After reading this article, I now hope (but don't expect) that Ottawa can stick it out in the USL, and avoid threatening the US & Canada's wonderful sharing of leagues.

However, this is just a concept series, so I had fun with the Fury as a member of the CPL!

ott_display.jpg

The logo adds two pieces of Ottawa symbolism to the identity, while keeping the flame imagery: the Peace Tower, and the grenade from the Ottawa coat of arms (a good representation of fury, IMO!) The font is TW Cen MT.

The home jersey, partially inspired by the 2014 home, uses a center stripe in the style of the Rideau Canal.

The away incorporates the symbol and colors of the spirally Ottawa flag.

Same deal, school is in, so it might be a while again, but I'll try and get you a couple more teams to wrap this up.

Suggestions for Saskatoon and/or Thunder Bay (or somewhere else) are appreciated.

Please, let me know what you think of Ottawa or any other team!

That ottawa crest is great!

, and I can get behind the home kit, but I would re-color the crest on the secondary to fit the scheme, because as it stands it doesn't really look like it fits there at all, it clashes too much with the blue-centric design. If you recolored the crest using the shades of blue in the kit I think that kit would be absolutely class.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

That ottawa crest is great!

, and I can get behind the home kit, but I would re-color the crest on the secondary to fit the scheme, because as it stands it doesn't really look like it fits there at all, it clashes too much with the blue-centric design. If you recolored the crest using the shades of blue in the kit I think that kit would be absolutely class.

Makes sense to me; here you go!

jersey_update_09-08.jpg

I also came up with a new idea for my Winnipeg home jersey, since, a while back, @BellaSpurs and @ThierryH14 rightly pointed out how convoluted it was.

This new one has a brick red sash flanked by a simpler wheat pattern. Hopefully it's a bit better!

C&C and suggestions for future teams appreciated!

• vtgco changed the title to Canadian Premier League Logos & Kits (09-08: Updated OTT away & WPG home)

I do think the blue crest is an improvement, that said I don't really think I gave the initial kit enough credit. I really like the core design of that kit a lot, but with the blue crest now, well, Class!

And the Valour kit is great! Love how you work in the wheat-grain pattern into the stripe, and the pin-stripes help to break it up really well.

spacer.png

On 9/8/2018 at 1:56 AM, vtgco said:

You know what, after all this time, here's Ottawa!

After reading this article, I now hope (but don't expect) that Ottawa can stick it out in the USL, and avoid threatening the US & Canada's wonderful sharing of leagues.

However, this is just a concept series, so I had fun with the Fury as a member of the CPL!

ott_display.jpg

The logo adds two pieces of Ottawa symbolism to the identity, while keeping the flame imagery: the Peace Tower, and the grenade from the Ottawa coat of arms (a good representation of fury, IMO!) The font is TW Cen MT.

The home jersey, partially inspired by the 2014 home, uses a center stripe in the style of the Rideau Canal.

The away incorporates the symbol and colors of the spirally Ottawa flag.

Same deal, school is in, so it might be a while again, but I'll try and get you a couple more teams to wrap this up.

Suggestions for Saskatoon and/or Thunder Bay (or somewhere else) are appreciated.

Please, let me know what you think of Ottawa or any other team!

My favorite kit so far, Ottawa’s red, beautifully done! I also love the white and teal, it surprisingly works for Ottawa! The updates for Winnepeg is a lot cleaner and nicer!

I would be interested to see Thunder Bay get a team! I don’t know much about them as a city, but maybe a storm related team (lol) could work!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 3 weeks later...

So school is making me really lazy, so it's slow going, but after all this time, here's the Thunder Bay Chill!

tb_display.jpg

I thought the sunset over the Sleeping Giant was the good part of the current Chill logo, so I kept that and the basic shape, and ditched the rest. I added the wings of Thunder Bay's Animikii statue (a stylized Thunderbird). The font is Cronos. The colors are lavender, gray, and orange, because I thought it'd look cool and be unique. Let know if you think I need to add another element in the middle; I can't decide...

The home is a lavender & gray getup, a rarity as far as I know, with a stylized wind pattern to represent the name.

The away is in the colors of the Thunder Bay flag, with the roof pattern of the Thunder Bay Tourist Pagoda in the green sections. I tried a recolored crest, but I thought it looked kinda dumb.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:59 PM, WarriorFight said:

I do think the blue crest is an improvement, that said I don't really think I gave the initial kit enough credit. I really like the core design of that kit a lot, but with the blue crest now, well, Class!

And the Valour kit is great! Love how you work in the wheat-grain pattern into the stripe, and the pin-stripes help to break it up really well.

Good to hear that you think Winnipeg's home is improved. The pinstripes were a last second add, and I think they really made a difference!

On 9/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, NoE38 said:

Love the locks in the stripe on the home. Away is great as well. No complaints with the Fury.

Glad to hear you like Ottawa; I'm pretty proud I figured a subtle-ish way to do that canal striping.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:54 PM, BellaSpurs said:

My favorite kit so far, Ottawa’s red, beautifully done! I also love the white and teal, it surprisingly works for Ottawa! The updates for Winnepeg is a lot cleaner and nicer!

I would be interested to see Thunder Bay get a team! I don’t know much about them as a city, but maybe a storm related team (lol) could work!

I tried drawing out storm stuff for Thunder Bay, but wasn't super happy with my idea. It felt kinda generic, and was really more Ontario-themed than Thunder Bay-themed.

I should be able to finish this series off at some point with Saskatoon, so please feel free to share any suggestions for that! Let me know what you think of anything here!

28 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

The light purple for Thunder Bay is actually a great idea, as it's home to the largest amethyst mine in North America

Good catch! Thanks for a perfect justification for my random aesthetic decision!

36 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Really cool identity yet again for Thunder Bay. If you're looking for another city to do, St. John's would be really interesting.

Good suggestion. I'll certainly consider doing it if I have time. I've got very basic ideas in mind for both St John's and Saskatoon, but I'm open to identity suggestions!

14 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Good suggestion. I'll certainly consider doing it if I have time. I've got very basic ideas in mind for both St John's and Saskatoon, but I'm open to identity suggestions!

For St. John's, A Pink and green colour scheme would be really cool, since they're the colours taken from Newfoundland's unofficial flag.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Somehow I have missed this every time you update it.  Solid work all around, but the Calvary are by far the winners.

I wish more leagues would use sublimated graphics.

As far as Thunder Bay, I have no idea how people see a sleeping giant in that rock.  I have flown over it and by it several times and don't see it.

7CAjavE.png

58 minutes ago, n312rb said:

Somehow I have missed this every time you update it.  Solid work all around, but the Calvary are by far the winners.

I wish more leagues would use sublimated graphics.

As far as Thunder Bay, I have no idea how people see a sleeping giant in that rock.  I have flown over it and by it several times and don't see it.

Thank you for the kind words!

Yeah, I'm disappointed to see so many blank uniforms. I think a interesting pattern or design with local significance can really make a great jersey!

Did you have a logo option preference for Calgary?

I don't really see the giant either, I think the dip on the left is supposed to be the neck? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived