High School Logo Redesign

Section30

Bottom left is gorgeous! If anything I’d follow through with the bottom-right curve of the R just a little more to balance it out- somewhere between the top left R and bottom left R. Gold w/ navy is my favorite look but I think white w/ navy is pretty slick too. Great work!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Bottom left.

7 hours ago, nate.sweitz said:

Bottom left is gorgeous! If anything I’d follow through with the bottom-right curve of the R just a little more to balance it out- somewhere between the top left R and bottom left R. Gold w/ navy is my favorite look but I think white w/ navy is pretty slick too. Great work!

Thank you for the feedback, here is the updated R shamrock, I decided on the gold with navy outline to match the Irish script version. I took @nate.sweitz 's advice and slightly extended the bottom right curve and I think it looks better.

zhzvnIo.jpg

6 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The crest is a hone run, a perfect update! I have begrudgingly accepted that 00's-era cartoonish logos like that leprechaun (which I love designing) have become a bit passe in place of more simplistic designs, but with a few tweaks, it could totally work as a full-on vintage/throwback style design.

Thank you, and I also noticed that old school cartoon logos have kind of gone the wayside, but I felt that for a team like Rosemount it would fit perfectly. It is an older school with a lot of history and I felt that a faux-back logo would match the school perfectly. I was also trying to make something fairly different form Notre Dame so there wouldn't be any comparisons and I think this was a good way to get it. You mentioned some tweaks; is there anything specific you think could be adjusted or improved?

So Rosemount is known for their football team and we don't currently have a specific logo for Football, so I knew that I had to make a football specific logo. Here is my football logo. It is a modified version of the full body leprechaun that I made, the changes are; he is now running, he is holding a football, and he is stiff arming. This logo would be used around the school or on football related posters and such. This would NOT be used on the uniforms or helmets.

cNCs9us.jpg

The next biggest sport for Rosemount is hockey. Hockey is the only sport that Rosemount has had a leprechaun logo from the past, I will post it above my new version. I took the old logo and updated it to match the res of the set, while mostly being a updated version of the original logo.

EbJAPLl.jpg

rIfORM3.jpg

I only plan on doing sport specific logos for Football and Hockey, since they are by far the biggest and most followed sports, I think the full body leprechaun and the other logos are solid enough to be used for every other sport.

Let me know what you think, cc is appreciated!

Maybe have the hockey leprechaun's shirt be yellow & green as more of an homage to the original?

The R & clover looks great, and the modernized crest is very pretty.

Maybe you need a "Rosemount" script for away jerseys, though.

Good job! I hope they adopt your work!

2 hours ago, vtgco said:

Maybe have the hockey leprechaun's shirt be yellow & green as more of an homage to the original?

The R & clover looks great, and the modernized crest is very pretty.

Good job! I hope they adopt your work!

I'll try those, thanks for the feedback!

I think the football and hockey logos need some fine-tuning.

For the football guy:

- I think the white patch between the arm holding the football and the chest/body should be turned into a white outline so there is a jersey colored space in-between.

- Overall I like the design, but I think he should be leaning forward in an aggressive manner. Right now he just seems to be casually walking with a football instead of getting ready to stiff-arm a defender.

The hockey guy:

- Same as with the football one regarding the over-abundance of white on the left side, turn the white patches into even outlines.

- I feel the right shoulder doesn't mimic the yellow logo used as the source material. Notice on that one how the shoulder is separated from the head, I think you need to do that with your version. Create some kind of gap there because the shoulder looks way out of place to me.

26 minutes ago, builtbymachines said:

I think the football and hockey logos need some fine-tuning.

For the football guy:

- I think the white patch between the arm holding the football and the chest/body should be turned into a white outline so there is a jersey colored space in-between.

- Overall I like the design, but I think he should be leaning forward in an aggressive manner. Right now he just seems to be casually walking with a football instead of getting ready to stiff-arm a defender.

The hockey guy:

- Same as with the football one regarding the over-abundance of white on the left side, turn the white patches into even outlines.

- I feel the right shoulder doesn't mimic the yellow logo used as the source material. Notice on that one how the shoulder is separated from the head, I think you need to do that with your version. Create some kind of gap there because the shoulder looks way out of place to me.

Thank you, I'll try those out

20 hours ago, vtgco said:

oikkYoR.jpg

20 hours ago, vtgco said:

16 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

The hockey guy:

JJuzIzP.jpg

16 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

For the football guy:

7 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Sorry for the late response but I would enlarge the football in the leprechauns hands, looks small and flat, maybe overlap it too.

287YmxR.jpg

I hope these changes are what you all were referring to, I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. Below I have also decided to post some options that I think could be used for the baseball and softball teams, the logo at the top are possible hat logos and the script below it is what would be on the jersey. I will have a white and a navy option because those are the colors they use.

Here are the current uniforms:

Galvez03_medium.jpgbeck03_medium.jpg

aozhp8s.jpgqBkJsC7.jpg

Let me know what you think, cc is appreciated!

Yes, exactly what I had in mind. I still don't like the football logo's left hand though. I feel like it the palm should be facing away and we should see the back of the hand instead. Something like the picture I'm adding. BUT.... keep your guy's arm outstretched the way it already is, don't change that:
29za6hs.jpg

Other than that, these are really cool and I love all the different variations!

3 hours ago, builtbymachines said:

Yes, exactly what I had in mind. I still don't like the football logo's left hand though. I feel like it the palm should be facing away and we should see the back of the hand instead. Something like the picture I'm adding. BUT.... keep your guy's arm outstretched the way it already is, don't change that:
29za6hs.jpg

Other than that, these are really cool and I love all the different variations!

How is this? left is the original right is with the different hand

Ev7gs5n.jpg

4 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

I’d stick with the left, good job overall and good luck with submission.

1 hour ago, builtbymachines said:

i like the right, he looks more like he's not to be messed with!!! The left, in my opinion is like he's telling someone to stop right where they are. 

But it's ultimately your decision.

Thank you both for the feedback, I personally prefer the version on the right so I'll probably go with that.

Archived