Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, TJSC said:

3qme3xv068911.jpgUNIFORMS OFFICIALLY LEAKED ON FANATICS.COM VIA NEW MERCHANDISE. GOLD JERSEYS REVEALED.

- clearer looks at beach towel, pennant, lanyard

- additional merch with gold jerseys including keychain, signs, etc.

- no tweaks to current logo as shown here

All merchandise with new uniforms on Fanatics.com

Making me nervous that the White jerseys may be home and yellow may be away

Something just looks...off about it.

The collar and arm stripes don’t work very well in that color order on the golds. Should be white-purple-white. Gold-purple-white looks muddled.

The drop shadow isn’t pronounced enough, it should be a tad bolder and at the original angle. And I don’t like the look of gold numbers on the purple at all for them. Those should be white with gold drop shadow.

So far as I can see with what we’ve got, it’s just okay. Decent effort, the ideas was there, just really not as well executed as it should’ve been. Reminds me a lot of the Knicks recent uniform changes; given the inspiration, they knew better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The incredible Trent Daniel concept was significantly better than this. I'm not a fan of the collar at all, and the dropshadow should move to the right (not be straight down). And honestly, I prefer the Lakers with white numbers - I think they provide a greater contrast and color balance to the gold and purple backgrounds, respectively.

Overall, meh. They didn't screw anything up massively, they stayed within their history, but they also botched a few details.

Now, if they make the white their primary home jersey? That will be a screw-up of epic proportions.

38 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Something just looks...off about it.

The collar and arm stripes don’t work very well in that color order on the golds. Should be white-purple-white. Gold-purple-white looks muddled.

The drop shadow isn’t pronounced enough, it should be a tad bolder and at the original angle. And I don’t like the look of gold numbers on the purple at all for them. Those should be white with gold drop shadow.

So far as I can see with what we’ve got, it’s just okay. Decent effort, the ideas was there, just really not as well executed as it should’ve been. Reminds me a lot of the Knicks recent uniform changes; given the inspiration, they knew better.

Just like the Atlanta Hawks set from a few years ago, they can't make it completely the same as the showtime jerseys so as to not cannibalize sales of throwbacks or b.s. reason.

There is no such thing as a "primary home jersey" guys. I think some of us are forgetting that.

No single jersey will get that designation. They may end up wearing one more than the other (see: Cleveland Black), but it's still the Lakers. Despite whatever anyone may think about them, the hold their brand and image above everything else. They'll make the right choice.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I think it looks nice, though am going to be annoyed when the Lakers (!) switch to white at home and gold on the road.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Just like the Atlanta Hawks set from a few years ago, they can't make it completely the same as the showtime jerseys so as to not cannibalize sales of throwbacks or b.s. reason.

Yeah I totally know what you mean, and I didn’t expect it to come out exactly the same, but this still could’ve come out better than it did anyways. For the sake of suggesting a solution,  one way they could have gotten around that would be to make the collar and arm stripe two colors instead of three (I’m thinking purple/white on gold, gold/white on purple, gold/purple on white), then do a simple bold outline instead of drop shadow on the numbers. Then it’s doing it’s own thing while still nodding to showtime, but also a much cleaner and less “off” nod too.

That all said, I wish teams would still go completely back to old looks anyways and merely tweak little details here and there when needed (example: switch back to showtime as-is except for updating the wordmark). But I do get why they don’t, and at the same time believe teams can try a bit harder than they do when “nodding” to said throwbacks.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

We know Lebron has a thing for black unis so I doubt the MPLS will come back.

I think that only started when they switched to it and completed their comeback against the Warriors and winning their first title. Since Lakers have won plenty of times, I don't think it will necessarily be something he would demand. 

Man the only real thing I'm disappointed about is how shallow the the drop shadow feels compared to the other sets that had it. I'm also not the biggest fan of the collar/arm hole stripes but I dont dont think they are awful and I get it given the NBA's uniform policy about not looking to much like prior uniforms and don't look as messy as the Jerry West uniforms in that area at least. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I think it looks nice, though am going to be annoyed when the Lakers (!) switch to white at home and gold on the road.

The white has always been, and continued to be even with Nike involved, the Sunday home uniform so I don't think we have to worry there.

I just really hope that the rule that prevented the purple jersey from being worn so late is done away with in year two of the contract.

VmWIn6B.png

Just now, LMU said:

The white has always been, and continued to be even with Nike involved, the Sunday home uniform so I don't think we have to worry there.

I just really hope that the rule that prevented the purple jersey from being worn so late is done away with in year two of the contract.

They did wear the white on the road a few times and it was terrible.

bSLCtu2.png

I thought the purple on gold would look nice but man that’s God awful. Looks better white. 

Gold numbers on purple will look atrocious too. TD’s concept was legit absolutely perfect. I hope this leak is incorrect. 

13 minutes ago, d11king said:

I thought the purple on gold would look nice but man that’s God awful. Looks better white. 

Gold numbers on purple will look atrocious too. TD’s concept was legit absolutely perfect. I hope this leak is incorrect. 

The numbers are exactly the same as Showtime minus a thinner drop shadow.

Gmm6bPg.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

I really, really hope the purple jersey doesn’t have yellow numbers. That’s going to look awful and ruin what has essentially been our away uniform for over 50 years. It’ll honestly look like a Lakers knockoff rather than an actually Lakers jersey.

I’m cool with everything else.

Really glad to have gotten rid of the side panels on the jerseys. I don’t love the purple numbers with white outline on the gold jersey (nor the drop shadow), but it’s not terrible. The collar and armhole striping would be improved if it were white-purple-white (or just white-purple-gold) instead of gold-white-purple, but it’s not bad as is.

If the white jersey shown is the real deal, I absolutely love that over the previous iteration. 

Obviously, none of these leaks are confirmed and I want to see the shorts, but I don’t hate these if this turns out to be accurate.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

36 minutes ago, LMU said:

The numbers are exactly the same as Showtime minus a thinner drop shadow.

Gmm6bPg.jpg

Yeah I know, I was vouching for them to go with this look, but something about it just looks super off. Idk if it’s the lack of depth on the shadow or what... it just doesn’t look right, and much better in white if it’s going to look like that

Archived